Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mdanno808 said:
Hey, how many guys retire next year?

According to the list I have (from 2002) there are two more to go this year, then 9 in 2006. That doesn't include a few who have either already gone west (H. H.) or are out on medical retirement.

Since crew scheduling thinks they are already overstaffed by 7 or 8, it could be quite a while until anyone gets a recall notice.

HAL

according to the rumor mill Seavy just went to or is going to europe to look at ANOTHER 767. I know I know, but you never know when they may find the right deal. They are trying. This industry is way to volitle to make any predictions 6 weeks down the road, never mind 6 months. At least they are going about it correctly if long term security is important (if their is any such thing).

I heard that scheduling figures they are overstaffed by close to 20.

mdanno808 said:
I heard that scheduling figures they are overstaffed by close to 20.

Now that figures. They had one reserve Captain available all day today for HNL, and one for SEA. Overstaffed by 20? Bite me.

HAL

Last edited:
LA firms to put $100M into Aloha Air

Prabha Natarajan [font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]

Two Mainland investment firms say they will invest more than $100 million in Aloha Airlines, helping the airline get out of bankruptcy.

The airline filed its plan of reorganization, including financial and ownership restructuring, in U.S. Bankruptcy Court on Thursday. The plan can go ahead only after receiving court approval.

The Yucaipa Companies LLC and Aloha Aviation Investment Group Inc., both of Los Angeles, have signed letters of intent to acquire a substantial equity investment in the local airline, Aloha said.

The players and their share of the investment:
  • Yucaipa, a private investment firm founded by Ronald Burkle, will be majority shareholder, providing $30 million in equity investment.
  • Aloha Aviation, managed by Willie Gault of IBS Capital Holdings (a former Chicago Bears wide receiver and track star) will add $10 million.
  • The airline's current shareholders, including the Ing and Ching families, will also add $10 million, and the two families will continue to sit on the airline board. The new investors will also pay off the $65 million bridge loan Aloha took out earlier this year.
David Banmiller, who will continue as president, CEO and board member under the deal, said Thursday the new investors do not plan to expand Aloha's fleet or undertake any major route overhauls or other sweeping changes.

"At this point," he said, "we want to stabilize the company, recapitalized it and use its 60-year history as a basis of future opportunity."

Banmiller said finding a plan sponsor has helped the company ease concerns about Aloha¹s survival among its employees and creditors.

"This is a positive step for employees and customers," he said. "It's clear path of survival and the fact that the company will be around."

Aloha still is in discussions with its unsecured creditors. It's not clear if they would get paid in full.

The airline already has negotiated concessions with its unions and they support the new deal.

"Mr. Burkle has an excellent reputation for building outstanding franchises and we look forward to working with Yucaipa and AAIG as our airline exits bankruptcy and explores new growth opportunities," said Michael Feeney of Council 80 of the Air Line Pilots Association.

My question for the Aloha guys: What is the new owner asking you guys for? Do they want more concessions?

[/font]

They've got to fly Willie Gault to all "DA BEARS!" games.

Erndogg said:
LA firms to put $100M into Aloha Air

My question for the Aloha guys: What is the new owner asking you guys for? Do they want more concessions?

One thing that I saw posted elsewhere, pulled from the court filling-I think, is that the deal is dependant on Aloha terminating both the ALPA and IAM pension plans.

I am guessing that they are referring to the A plan, hopefully it is not both the A and B plans.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back