• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay for JSing-UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dont forget about poor dispatchers...HUh....alot of us are forced by the same reasons to comute as F/A's and pilots......Please remember the dispatchers out here, we need to get to work and go home too!

FL_Jumpseat said:
AirTran does not charge for jumpseating.

We allow one (or two on some 737 aircraft) jumpseater(s) on the aircraft. We also happen to allow 100 other airline pilots to buy a pass at the gate (along with gate agents, mechanics, and others from another carrier) if there are seats, but we do charge them if the gate agent remembers to do it. No, it's not as liberal a policy as Southwest, JetBlue, Alaska, Allegiant, ATA, America West, US Air, most Regionals, American, Delta (soon), United (soon) and many others. It is more liberal than NWA which still only allows 2 on all aircraft.

I would be happy to eliminate the $25 charge as my constituents have encouraged me to do, but it is not my decision. We are working on it though. I would be happy to let just about any staff sit in the seats provided pilots had priority to the cockpit and FA had priority to the extra one in the back.

If Airtran allows you to "buy" a pass when you are the second jumpseater to show up, are you still technically jumpseating and required to present your credentials to the Captain? Or are you basically then just an offline nonrev passenger? Just curious. Always been treated very nice by the crews and in the two instances that I was number 2 to check-in for the JS, I wasn't asked to pay the $25.

sayagain?

Flight crews would appreciate you stopping by so they know you are on the aircraft. Don't you like to know when there are other crewmembers on your plane whether they bought a ticket or are non-revving?

Like I said, the pilots did not make the decision to set it up that way, but that is the system we have to deal with for now. I'm sure if you extend the professional courtesy of asking for the jumpseat, it will be appreciated.

Capt.LongThrust said:
BTW if one carrier starts this crap then they all follow suit.

Floatplane said:
You said it perfectly,

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Since we seem to agree on this fundamental principal, I would like to BOOKMARK this thread for reference while discussing other "it will only apply to MY airline" topics in the future.

:)

Latest resources

Back