Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cactuspilot said:
SWA is my 4th airline. Q of L is better here than anywhere..trust me

You list AD, F9, HP, WN. Is AD Aspen Mountain Air?
http://www.avrefdesk.com/two_letter_airline_codes.htm

While it is a sampling of various airlines, it's not the most comprehensive list in the world, and by no means does it make you an authority to say that Q of L is better there than anywhere. How do you know it's better at Southwest than at JetBlue?

K-Mart said:
Face it, you f up!! You move on and so does life! Be glad you were able to get on AD.

In this business, you never know if you made the right choice until the day that you retire. Even then, you usually don't know with any certitude.

Pay? Obviously it wasn't the key since I applied to SWA in 2000.

737? Didn't care, at any airline I'm in a seat looking out a window. Behind the cockpit door is not important to me.

Domestic? Hotel is a hotel, it's still away from home.

The number one reason I wanted to work at Southwest was the culture, and it is still incredible. I still enjoy going to work more than any other previous job and even most of the 15+ year Captains I fly with still feel that way. Unfortunately they like it so much that they don't want to leave, ever. If someone is applying to Southwest because it has higher payrates think again. No one can guarantee our pay past September of this year.

AD was actually Lone Star Airlines. They were bought by a conglomerate in Aspen and partially changed the name to Aspen Moutain Air. I know cause I worked there.

Thedude said:
AD was actually Lone Star Airlines. They were bought by a conglomerate in Aspen and partially changed the name to Aspen Moutain Air. I know cause I worked there.

Ah, yes. I see that from this website: http://www.ruidoso.net/reservations/lonestar.htm

Daily flights to Del Rio, TX. Yep, that'd be an airline that I'd use as a gold standard for QOL in the aviation industry. :)

But I guess anyone that was able to make $15K in a month as an FO at Southwest must know what he's talking about. :rolleyes:

cactuspilot said:
You can stay at home and sit on your ass all month or fly alot and collect $15k a month. I've done both as an FO @ SWA.

Southwest is awesome baby.... Its the best job in the whole World. We even have the best Pilots too.. We rule, you're jealous. :cartman:

hey big slit,

those two guys that quit were in my class, and one quit because his wife just left him and th other just couldnt stand sittin in the right seat. Yes both were military and both were Kolonels.

SWA/FO said:
Southwest is awesome baby.... Its the best job in the whole World. We even have the best Pilots too.. We rule, you're jealous. :cartman:

you are right..just this morning i was behind swa in fog in an unnamed airport and they were cleared for t/o and taxied across the runway onto the other side and lined up on the other taxiway..we all should be jealous

Latest resources

Back