Pay and Total Compensation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RiddleEagle18

Looking at 135 jobs in the TPA area. What should I be looking for as far as pay goes. 2000 hours 1200 jet. No previous 135 experience or types.

Also I haven't seen this addressed on these boards with 135 operators. What should we be looking for as far as medical and 401k. Are there ever year end bonuses?

What should I be looking for as far as pay goes. 2000 hours 1200 jet. No previous 135 experience or types.

Depends on the aircraft operated for 135. You'll be a co-pilot so just look at a salary survey and you'll get a good idea. But most 135 operators like to stick it to you pretty good as a co-pilot when you're just starting out so.......

What should we be looking for as far as medical and 401k.

Get AT LEAST medical benefits or move on to another company.

Group medical plans will usually be offered but you'll have to pay for it, unlike 91 companies where they usually pay 100% of your major medical, dental, vision plan. 401K...almost non-existant in 135.

Are there ever year end bonuses?

Also, almost non-existant in Part 135. Very few that I know of give them, but don't expect more than a couple thousand. Typical Part 91's that I've been with and my friends are involved with, you get like one months salary up to $50,000 as an annual bonus. ((((Yup, I have a friend who is Part 91 and makes a $150,000 salary and gets $50,000 every year as a bonus.))))

Of course, if you're just starting out, take whatever you can get to make captain, then start to get picky.

Good luck.

Looking at 135 jobs in the TPA area. What should I be looking for as far as pay goes. 2000 hours 1200 jet. No previous 135 experience or types.

Also I haven't seen this addressed on these boards with 135 operators. What should we be looking for as far as medical and 401k. Are there ever year end bonuses?

Salary depends on the plane...check out the surveys that are out there.

Medical, definatley get/demand that!

Latest resources

Back