Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, He was wrong to place his pack on the ground and not watch over it. My issue is why did they release his name, what he was carrying and how many rounds. That was all SSI, which had to be released either by Jetblue, the TSA or Both.

The TSA is and above all the real problem.

Two questions for the guys against the FFDO program:

1) Were you an airline pilot on 9/11?

2) Have you applied to the program?

I have no idea where you are coming from. I won't apply until they change the carry rules, but I support the program and am glad to fly with guys who are FFDO's.

Okay Mr. Emotional,
Nothing he said was anti gun or anti gun nut. They were simple facts. The guy was inattentive, and lost his gun, period. Quit living in denial.

Just using a little common sense would tell you that it is extremely unlikely that an FFDO will ever have to use their weapon to defend the aircraft. He is more likely to shoot his eye out.

Strike 2 for the FFDO program. This program needed to be canceled yesterday. Guns don't belong in the cockpit.

The FFDO program is only for Junior G-Man Rambo wannabe's that want an excuse to carry a badge and a gun.

Take your knee-jerk reactionary comments somewhere else.

(BTW; I am a gun owning supporter of the second amendment)

If thats not the pot calling the kettle black.

In order for me to deduce your appellation, I had to gallop to the terminology folio in order to mandate an elucidation to your caption.

If you are over 13, and carry a backpack, you need counseling.

I carry a backpack when flying w/ the military and so don't a lot of aircrew members... I guess all those guys and gals need counseling...Not arguing, just asking?

Mongo

Off body carry = bad.

Screwing with loaded weapon several times a day = bad.

Just because more incidents don't make the news doesn't mean they don't happen nor does it make this ludicrous carry method any safer.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.

If you are over 13, and carry a backpack, you need counseling.

I'll pass on your shrink, cause apparently he's not fixin your problem. :nuts:

Listen, I'm FAR from being a gun nut. However, I think making FFDOs carry their sidearm in a bag is STUPID. These guys should be able to carry concealed like any Tom, Dick and Harry who goes down and gets a permit.

Let the FFDOs carry in a shoulder holster, ankle holster or someplace where they have direct control of their firearm AT ALL TIMES.

This poor FFDO is probably going to get bounced out of the program for not controlling his weapon. Too bad. Here's a guy who showed enough dedication to go through the training on his own time, not to mention the recurrent he has to accomplish. Let's treat these guys like any other certified LEO.

Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back