Pat Tillman is not a hero....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
or wait...as portrayed on the media

Pat is a real american hero (helps recruitment & Morale).

Jerome and all his buddies (hurts recruitment & Morale).

I have insight now! Thanks!!

Last edited:
what

Seems like everyone on this thread knew Pat Tillman, as they are speaking of him like he was their friend. I've gotta go with kevdog and airspeed on this one, maybe they are the ones with insight.

Just because someone doesn't agree with what Bush is doing doesn't render them unpatriotic. I have lived in other countries and I realize how wonderful the U.S. is, as do many foreigners, but the fact remains that the last TWO Bush's to take office have have not only f.cked the economy, but also started wars. Ironny...I think not. Who was that 'great' president of the early 80's, didn't he have his finger on the red button throughout his campaign. We aren't the world's police, I'm embarrassed only a few others on this board have the ability to see this.

I'm not saying that Hussein didn't need to be overtaken, because he did. Whose job was it though, certainly not ours and to lie about the reasoning. Only an ignorant would still believe the WMD's will be found, open your eyes, they ARE NOT there. Bush needed to do this for his own ego, when you guys predict they are going to find Bin Laden? I'm guessing when Kerry takes a sizeable lead, that should sway some votes back.

Last edited:
Anybody who signs the dotted line and volunteers for military service is a hero in my opinion. The novel thing about Pat Tillman was he was a multi-millionare professional athlete that threw all his material posessions away in an instant because he believed he should serve his country. Be honest - how many people here would have done the same thing, if they had all Pat Tillman was blessed with? I don't know if I would have...

Those that sign up for military service are bound to follow the orders of their superior officers, up to and including the Commander-in-Chief. If you don't like those orders, tough sh*t - you knew what you were getting into when you took the oath. If somebody is so ignorant or naive to think they may not ever have to fire a shot in anger or put their life on the line for Uncle Sam, then they were just plain stupid.

I admire Pat Tillman's sacrifice, and the sacrifice of everyone who has served, is serving, and who will ever serve in the defense of my country, freedoms and ideals. I agree that we shouldn't be the world's police, but if we didn't do the dirty work, nobody would. I think a little spat called World War Two demonstrated quite nicely how the United States cannot have an isolationist foreign policy, especially with the global economy of today.

If you don't like our CIC, his foreign policy, or America in general, put your money where your mouth is in November. Until then pound sand, join the Michael Moore fan club, and STFU.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

<=== Medically disqualified from AFROTC, temporarily medically disqualified by MEPS, currently seeking waiver for OTS

kevdog said:
OK, I see, so only the "cool" heroes get the needed coverage.

Pat = Millionare NFL Player = Cool

Jerome = Poor intercity kid = Not Cool

Gotcha.

No, what is extraordinary is that he stepped up to the plate IN SPITE OF the big contract, the cushy lifestyle, the fame and fortune.

What is extraordinary is that he willing went and fought next to "Jerome." He did so when he had a plethora of other choices.

Being "cool" has nothing to do with it.

I think I can assume that you know the weakness of you position, and you don't mind just being obstinate.

From what I have read and heard, (Denvers QB was very good friends nwith Tillman), Pat was a very good person. He never drove sportscars, never acted like he was rich. He never wanted to be better than anyone else. He rode a bike to practice in Az then got an old Jeep when the riding got to be to much. He never wanted to make it a big deal, and didnt want the media to get involved. The fact is after 9/11 he felt a calling to serve his country and give up the millions he would have made in the NFL to go to a job paying 17,000 a year just to serve his country. In my opinion this guy deserves a lot of respect for doing what he did, a lot of people wouldnt have. I'm sure he wouldnt have even wanted the media coverage he is getting now.

Just because I don't agree with the majority opinion on here means I can't pass a psych eval? Did Columbus agree with everyone when he took of to prove the world is round?? Oh, but he must have been crazy right? Yes, I was a turkey driver. Yes, I did serve my country. But as I really got insight into the way things should be and the way they really are I formed my own opinions. I don't and never will FORCE my opinion on anyone. I feel very strongly that this govt here in the good ol USA tries to change whole cultures because they don't see things the way we do. Not everyone in this world eats apple pie, believes in god, etc. We spend so much money on new fighters like the F-22 or a waste like the Comanche when that money could have been put to a good use like helping the homeless or cancer research. We all only have one life to live. Its so short when u really think about it. So therefore we should let others be and live their own lives. Look, I couldn't agree more that Saddam is an evil person maybe even another Hitler. But lets face it, he is gone and they still hate us over there. You cannot liberate or change people that don't want to. What are we gonna do next, take over Cuba cause they are still communist???

Kill 'em all, let TimeBuilder sort 'em out!

I suspect people said the same thing about Japan and Germany in WWII, are you really going to say they are not better off now than they were? People thought, especially about Japan, that it is not a culture that has ever been a democracy so how can we expect them to attain it. Well, looks to me like they are a thriving democracy and if I recall the number 2 economy in the world. By the way, no we don't take over Cuba, they have not been a national security threat to us or any of their neighbors.

This is a stupid f*cking discussion.

Say what you will, but Pat Tillman manned up and did what he perceived to be his duty, which is more than can be said about alot of the folks participating here. He is a symbol of every one of those troops over there who sacrificed whatever good thing they had going over here, and that's it.

What's this so-called "Jerome" example??

Latest resources

Back