• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Passport Card for jumpseating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've used a color copy of my passport on SWA before without any problems.

I was denied the jumpseat by SWA when I only had a copy of passport. DAL otoh, let me on without even checking for a passport. My guess is that your experience will vary depending on who the agent is.

Jumpseat

CASS requires a valid passport to ride in the cockpit.

If you were denied a seat in the back on SWA, and your carrier is on our list, you should have been allowed to board and ride in the back.

it seems like a lot of the software these days requires the passport regardless of whether you are in the actual. .... remember when an id, pen and jumpseat form worked !

cards can only be used for travel to Canada and Mexico.

Yes, I am well aware of that. Again I am NOT planning on using the passport card to travel internationally, I am asking if it can be used for CASS verification for domestic jumpseating. That is all, nothing more. I know that I have to use my actual passport when traveling by air internationally. The other nation has to have possession of my passport while they process my residency permit, after which I will get it back. I will be in the USA while the permit is processed so I will not need it for international travel, just jumpseating.

Latest resources

Back