• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pass travel on DL formalized

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you ever see RP deadheading crew to cover flying for another codeshare, report it. Delta will want to know. They'll levy a huge fine.

Regarding the Freedom folks in first class, MCO ops people told us this was a station agreement. Doesn't sound right, but that's what they said...

On a Delta mainline flight, DL employees will have priority over EVERYONE else not working at DL. On Delta Connection flights, it will go DOH. That is better than the 25 year Comair Captain beating me out of a mainline first class seat. Not anymore....

Bye Bye--General Lee

But a first year DL rampie or the step mother of a retired gate agent beating a 25 year Comair CA is OK?

Seen that too, but not sure if we can track that one.

How would you know that this is happening? Are you asking the crews? Hey are you flying for DAL or UAL?

Company doesn't do this... You have more chances of seeing us fly DAL in a UAL painted plane than this.

...except when the plane crashes. Then, as in Lexington, Delta does everything imaginable to distance themselves from the "seats."

Slave wages, lowest bidder, cut-throat competition, impossible schedules, minimum rest, illegal trips....

....."not our fault, they're NOT Delta!"

That's the management stance....."not our flight"...don't you dare lump us in with corporate!!!

Ask the Comair Pilots who was at the scene first to assist their MEC while they assembled their go-team?? Ask who assisted in anyway possible to them while the investigation progressed....you'd be surprised the support and sorrow the Delta pilots provided and shame on you for re-hashing one of the darker days in this business.....people died, nobody I know used that crash as ammo against the pilots!!!

Look in the mirror and you'll find the attitude problem!

But a first year DL rampie or the step mother of a retired gate agent beating a 25 year Comair CA is OK?

Hi Broke...

Have you ever really sat down and read that non-rev policy? A first year Delta employee is just that.....a Delta Employee....a stepmother of a retiree just doesn't rank and is a stupid example...

Here's an idea, when you have an arguement, back it up with facts that are relevant....it usually makes for a better debate.

Hi Broke...

Have you ever really sat down and read that non-rev policy? A first year Delta employee is just that.....a Delta Employee....a stepmother of a retiree just doesn't rank and is a stupid example...

Here's an idea, when you have an arguement, back it up with facts that are relevant....it usually makes for a better debate.

"Oooo, yeah, um, I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there, yeaaah!"

"Parents. Both your legal parents and your stepparents"

"Parents of a retired employee – Retired employees’ parents are eligible for 18 S3B flight days annually on the Domestic, European, Asian, and Transoceanic systems."

Current active Comair CA - S3C.

God, how I wish they didn't own Comair.

Last edited:
Ahhh.....A reasonable man!! You sir are a rare find. Well done.

Vol

We had the same topic come up on our company message board. It sucked arse paying $50 for my folks to travel around the country.

We gave up a higher priority flying on our own aircraft for free travel on mainline. Here is the secret....I am not so reasonable......LOL. You guys still are getting screwed. Mesaba only goes a few places comparable to mainline. How few (if any) do I need a higher priority flying on Mesaba. Hardly ever,,,if never, but my family still flies for free on mainline. I wouldn't even be pissed if you had a higher travel code on Mesaba. It is still a good deal for us.

In all seriousness, thanks for the free flights for Ma and Pa.

How would you know that this is happening? Are you asking the crews? Hey are you flying for DAL or UAL?

Company doesn't do this... You have more chances of seeing us fly DAL in a UAL painted plane than this.

Are you serious???!!! I worked there for 7 years and I lost count the number of times I deadheaded on "mainline" airplanes to cover another codeshare. I used to get pos spaced on American all the time out of STL to cover DAL flying in CVG. When I was an MCO captain on the 145 I would take DAL to LGA or PHL to cover US Airways flying. They are not SUPPOSED to do this, but lets be honest, RP management doesn't exactly follow the letter of the law.

This is not an attack on you, and granted it has been a long time since I worked there, but back when I was there we used to hem & haw with scheduling when they would do this to us. Maybe things have changed but they used to say "are you refusing this trip?", then Bart W. would call and say "You're flying the pairing, grieve it if you don't like it". . . God I don't miss that SH#$!!!!!

Vol

Latest resources

Back