Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AlbieF15

F15 Ret/FDX/InterviewPrep
I said a while back I thought SWA wouldn't hire for at least 2-3 years, and that it was possible those in the pool would face a "mini-interview" upon return.

It appears I was wrong.

I am GLAD to be wrong on this one, and I owe at least one SWA pilot a Whataburger meal for the bet.

It is one bet I am VERY glad to pay off. With all the blackness in industry, nice to see a bit of good news. Good luck to SWA, their poolies, and the next round of interviewees.

Pass the crow and the A-1 and tabasco sauce please...and a bib....got some eatin' to do...

Hey Albie! Good on ya for admitting wrong...pretty rare on these boards, but then again, thats what makes you the sharp dude who does well with regards to more than just flying. Hopefully ECI business is picking up for the Southwest interviewees...good luck with that...

Hey, unrelated question...whats the talk around the water cooler at FedEx right now? I got many a good buds there, and want nothing but the best, but I heard that there is a possible manning issue (overmanned) with the over 60s coming back from the panel into the left seat, and also with the fleet shifting away from three seat aircraft. Anything? Just hoping for the best for my bros...

Just throw yourself on your sword Albie, and everything will be forgiven!

I said the same thing 4-5 months ago based on what buddy who is in the pool told me. he was placed in the pool late last fall (oct/nov 2007ish) and did think based on the news at that time that he would see class in 2008.

I was going to bid the 737 here a US Air to get the 737 type prior to this information but upon hearing him I figured no dice on SWA ever for me so I might as well just bid the 190 and have a sked. Now (as of todays news) I'm headed for the street shortly with competitive SWA time and no type. The guys in my recall class that bid the 737 got their types last week.

O well now I hit the street with a turboprop type and an "el grande RJ" type - just another mistake in the big mistake that I call my aviation career.

I think SWA smells blood in the water and is going to take some of the capacity that everyone else is pulling down.....

I said the same thing 4-5 months ago based on what buddy who is in the pool told me. he was placed in the pool late last fall (oct/nov 2007ish) and did think based on the news at that time that he would see class in 2008.

I was going to bid the 737 here a US Air to get the 737 type prior to this information but upon hearing him I figured no dice on SWA ever for me so I might as well just bid the 190 and have a sked. Now (as of todays news) I'm headed for the street shortly with competitive SWA time and no type. The guys in my recall class that bid the 737 got their types last week.

O well now I hit the street with a turboprop type and an "el grande RJ" type - just another mistake in the big mistake that I call my aviation career.

Check on your state's unemployment benefits...seems I met a few of my clients who got types with some help AFTER getting laid off. I think if you thread seach you can find some help. I would also imagine the type factories (K&S, Higher Power, Pan Am, etc) would probably be pretty smart on those options or at least know where to get some good loans.

Remember--I know its tough but I've met some at FDX with 4-5 airlines under their belt. The battle goes to the persistent.

Hang in there, from your sig line looks like you ride. When I was layed off my time on the bike increased, it was a good stress reliever.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back