Pass the Crow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Albie,

Very cool to see someone admit when they are wrong, especially on FI. As for hamburgers, In and Out as well as Five Guys Burger and Fries are great. If you want a truly great hamburger, go to Huts Hamburgers in Austin Texas...very very good.

Take care sir.

Longhorn

I said a while back I thought SWA wouldn't hire for at least 2-3 years, and that it was possible those in the pool would face a "mini-interview" upon return.

It appears I was wrong.

I am GLAD to be wrong on this one, and I owe at least one SWA pilot a Whataburger meal for the bet.

It is one bet I am VERY glad to pay off. With all the blackness in industry, nice to see a bit of good news. Good luck to SWA, their poolies, and the next round of interviewees.

Pass the crow and the A-1 and tabasco sauce please...and a bib....got some eatin' to do...

Classy. Now it´s whataburgers turn...

Good luck to SWA.

Albie,

Very cool to see someone admit when they are wrong, especially on FI. As for hamburgers, In and Out as well as Five Guys Burger and Fries are great. If you want a truly great hamburger, go to Huts Hamburgers in Austin Texas...very very good.

Take care sir.

Longhorn
Holy sh*t... "IT LIVES"... :D

good to see you back on the boards! ;)

Longhorn cafe in SAT for the best burgers my friends...Chris Madrid's Macho burger near St. Mary's is a good cholesterol injection too.

RV

Longhorn cafe in SAT for the best burgers my friends...Chris Madrid's Macho burger near St. Mary's is a good cholesterol injection too.

RV

Second that re Chris Madrid's! Going there tonight.....mmmmm Macho Cheddar Cheesy...mmmmm.

And nicely done Albie...very classy.

RR

I dont know about a place in SAT. My thoughs would be to all get together and drink a lot of beer until we can agree to disagree :)

What is the old line..."I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken..."?

Looks like SWA WILL in fact do a short interview with poolies offered classes early next year. Anyone got the details?

I think you are wrong as usual. Swa knows the days of a major cost advantage are over. Currently they don't have a fuel cost advantage, nor a labor cost advantage. The days of cherry picking routes/hubs of others and growing organically are over. I will add for now as they have very sharp management that always seems to get an advantage. Call it lucky or good, it works. They are simply taking out a tough competitor. I am sure that they would rather have grown organically then this merger, but they knew that was impossible. The blood in the water is the subcontracted feed of the global carriers.

I think SWA smells blood in the water and is going to take some of the capacity that everyone else is pulling down.....

What is the old line..."I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken..."?

Looks like SWA WILL in fact do a short interview with poolies offered classes early next year. Anyone got the details?

Nice mea culpa Albie. It's appreciated and far too rare around here.

As for the re-interview, here's the scoop: 1-hour sit-down with the PD and a line pilot to review your updated resume, logbook, PRIA paperwork and the like. Background checks to be updated as well. Need to provide references from any jobs you've had from date of previous interview. The re-interviews start tomorrow in DAL and running for the next few weeks so it seems.

Still waiting in the Clown to reappear, but as you pointed out a long time ago, his MO isn't to issue apologies or to be easy on SWA hopefuls. I think we all figured out he's a SWA guy anyway.

Latest resources

Back