• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Part time work during reserve?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While you're on call, you might as well be on the phone. Try working up a sexy man voice, or female voice if easier, and try your luck as a 1-800 phone sex operator. If I remember, when I was desperate and used to call, I paid like 5 bucks a minute. Man, you could make 300 bucks an hour with practice. Dang...I might take my own advice.

Kip Dynomite said:
While you're on call, you might as well be on the phone. Try working up a sexy man voice, or female voice if easier, and try your luck as a 1-800 phone sex operator. If I remember, when I was desperate and used to call, I paid like 5 bucks a minute. Man, you could make 300 bucks an hour with practice. Dang...I might take my own advice.

Forget that Just change your Home number to a 1-900- number and charge the company $6.99 a min with a $15 connection charge everytime they call you and keep them on hold as long as you like.

Dash8301 said:
Forget that Just change your Home number to a 1-900- number and charge the company $6.99 a min with a $15 connection charge everytime they call you and keep them on hold as long as you like.

THAT is a fantastically creative idea!

Tailwinds...

I referee soccer on my days off. Look into refereeing high school sports. Its fun, you get exercise, and earn a little bit extra.

Dana

i worked at papa johns and averaged $16.00 an hour with tips when i was on reserve i had a cool boss and she would let me cut and run and worked around my trips.

With today's gas prices, and the junkie car you're probably driving, (due to FO pay) you'll probably lose money driving pizzas all around town and your car breaking down. Your best bet is to live in your mother's basement. I did it.

I agree with ATR42. My first year at ASA i delivered pizzas part time and made some extra cash that way. They reimburse you for gas and if you have a car that gets good gas mileage, you will have your hourly pay + tips + extra gas money. And usually the owner is very flexible with your reserve schedule. I might start doing it again to help pay down some school loans while I sit around again.

Just make sure your in a good part of town. You dont want to be delivering in the hood or anywhere within about 75 miles of Atlanta!

I delivered pizzas at Papa Johns about 5 or 6 yrs ago, I also averaged 15-18 per hour. EASY job. Usually very flexible. I don't know what I'm going to do over the summer. My student loans start coming due in June. I thought about working as a doorman at the Cheetah. My buddy did it and made excellent cash. The girls tip you at the end of the night.

Latest resources

Back