Part 91 Grace Period? 61.58

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rondo

My last sim date for an initial was 6/5/10.

I am soon getting another initial. From what I understand, there is a grace period. If I get another initial within the grace period I remain current in the initial from 6/5/10.

Does this 30 day grace period start on 6/5/11 or 6/30/11? (Base month or actual day?)

Thanks in advance.

Good until the end of the month ... but call your training provider. This is the internet. For all you know I am some 15 year old sitting in my parents basement.

Good until the end of the month ... but call your training provider. This is the internet. For all you know I am some 15 year old sitting in my parents basement.

Oh my....I'm just gonna let that one go...

:)

If you took your check in June is good until the end of July, June is your base month, you have a 3 month period that counts as June, From 5-1 to 7-31.

(g) If a pilot takes the pilot-in-command proficiency check required by this section in the calendar month before or the calendar month after the month in which it is due, the pilot is considered to have taken it in the month in which it was due for the purpose of computing when the next pilot- in-command proficiency check is due.

If you took your check in June is good until the end of July, June is your base month, you have a 3 month period that counts as June, From 5-1 to 7-31.

(g) If a pilot takes the pilot-in-command proficiency check required by this section in the calendar month before or the calendar month after the month in which it is due, the pilot is considered to have taken it in the month in which it was due for the purpose of computing when the next pilot- in-command proficiency check is due.

True, but you still have to comply with 61.57, which can get complicated.

True, but you still have to comply with 61.57, which can get complicated.
yea especially this one
(f) Night vision goggle operating experience.

Pilotyip is correct. This is also for PIC. You may go past your grace period and fly as an SIC but we all know that.

Crap! I forgot to get requalified on the Nog's!

Latest resources

Back