Part 91 Checklists

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
midlifeflyer said:
This last part is also true with all aircraft. 91.503 checklist requirements aside, although we tend to think of "limitations" in a different way, there is NTSB case law finding a violation of 91.9(a) for failure to complete a checklist item.

The issues are slightly different in that 91.503 deals with following a checklist which isn't =technically= required in light aircraft, but the practical end result of a missed item is the same.
Well, yeah. I guess my main point was that for large transport category aircraft there is a difference in that compliance with ALL AFM procedures is compelled. This is in addition to the requirements of 91.9(a) which applies to limitations only.

If the original question pertained to a large transport category aircraft (which I never did see clarified - perhaps it was) then the regulations I pointed out are a good place to start in answering the question as originally posed:
volunteer said:
I am in the process of re-writing our checklist. I could not find anything in the CFR's that specifies any requirements for checklists in the Part 91 world. Does anyone know of any specifics that are required to be included on checklists and/or the CFR where I can find them? Thanks!

Latest resources

Back