Part 135 Hawker 700/800 Captain - DFW, Texas Area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

simav8r

Anybody know who keeps placing this add on climbto350.com? Their fax number is 866-244-3519 and for a company name the title is Confidential.

Thanks

It could be Million Air ADS. They just lost a captain to the majors and they operate both the 700 and 800. The ad's been running on and off for several months on a few different internet sites.

Could be...the last time they posted a job opening they used a different fax number. I appreciate the info.

It could also be Imaginaire (sp?) out of Addison Jet. I'm pretty sure they were needing crews for the Hawker 700 and 800 a few weeks ago. A buddy of mine was looking at doing contract captain work with them.

Yeah, could be, but they actually list their company name in their postings. Contract is what I'm looking for also.

simav8r said:
Yeah, could be, but they actually list their company name in their postings. Contract is what I'm looking for also.

Yeah, good point. They do normally list their company name. My buddy said their contract rates atleast for FOs at Imaginaire weren't too shabby. $400 a day I think is what he told me.

hawkerflyer said:
It could be Million Air ADS. They just lost a captain to the majors and they operate both the 700 and 800. The ad's been running on and off for several months on a few different internet sites.
Maybe at Continental he'll learn filing FL350 for a 180NM trip is not common practice among true professionals. When the former D.O. left a little over a year ago, class and professionalism went with him. The CP says updating the FMS operating software is for lazy people. Stop laughing, it's true. Consider finding another source of income. Troy Aikman is looking for a 800XP f/o in the Dallas area. It's through GoldJets. If you need more info on that let me know and I'll post the job listing. Good luck......

Last edited:
I flew for MillionAir ADS back in the late '90s under different management. It was getting less and less impressive even back then.

Hawker F/O I see that you list H25B on your profile, do you have a JAA ticket? Usually you only see that version of the type across the pond or Canada.

As for filing mid 30s for 180nm trip, in the MD80 DFW-IAH that was the filed altitude. We usually flew around FL260 or so. A Hawker 700 would never make that one, that's for sure.

Last edited:
simav8r said:
I flew for MillionAir ADS back in the late '90s under different management. It was getting less and less impressive even back then.

Hawker F/O I see that you list H25B on your profile, do you have a JAA ticket? Usually you only see that version of the type across the pond or Canada.

As for filing mid 30s for 180nm trip, in the MD80 DFW-IAH that was the filed altitude. We usually flew around FL260 or so. A Hawker 700 would never make that one, that's for sure.
That was exactly my point, a Hawker could never get that high on a trip of that length. For roughly a 3 degree descent, you need to start down at 102 miles out (No ATC initiated descents) and that is giving yourself no room for error. I don't care what Hawker 700A or 800A is being flown, it is not going to climb to 350, get on speed, and be up there long enough to be efficient in 78 miles. The forward speed you give away in the climb is the deal breaker. You are burning more fuel and putting more time on the airframe by trying to get that high, thus throwing away any savings you think you are going to be getting. For a 180NM trip I would file for 180 (in a Hawker), lower the nose and let that thing check out. The guy climbing to 350 will be just landing as I am taxing out after taking gas and loading up the pax, and he is going to buy more fuel that I did, as he burned a lot more than I trying to get high instead of trying to get 'there'.

No JAA ticket. I need to change that to HS125 I guess. I don't know who was running the show when you left, but they had a D.O. that was 1st class all the way. He left in 2004. After he left in '04 I understand the CP got passed over AGAIN for the job (I guess he has yet to comprehend that he is not qualified nor does he have the experience) and they hired a real winner with no education (was the D.O. at Aviation Management Group at DAL) that got MA to get him current in the Hawker and a G1159 type then split to go work for the Hart family out of DAL. What a gem. His initials are MD. If you ever see him, ask him how is Amy doing, especially if his wife is within earshot.
All of this is 2nd hand info, so take it for what it is worth, but I my source is pretty accurate when it comes to these type of things.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back