• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Part 135 guy jumpseating on Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
U S Airways has some Part 135 J/S agreements. They are good for cabin only however.

What Fred said. The FOM text essentially states that pilots and dispatchers
from airlines that do not participate in CASS are only authorized to occupy a
seat in the cabin. The “Reciprocal Jumpseat List” may be used as a reference (Captain if the final authority. If it's cool with him/her and there is a seat in the back....welcome aboard).

My buddy at avantair was able to cabin jumpseat on Hawaiian but I think that was just an "island" thing

That's very cool. Just curious, how many buddy passes a year are you guys allocated? (We only get 10 round trips a year is why I am asking)

Like whaler said, you can get up to 16/year. As full as our flights are these days, though, I don't give as many of them to friends/family anymore. A great way to turn a buddy into an enemy is to set them up for a terrible non-rev travel experience! :0

CommuterGuy- please take my post with the best of spirits. We (Dispatch) get a LOT of calls from all over the system for stuff like this. I'm certainly not arguing the "Captain's final decision thing", but remember, you have to get past the Customer Service Agent first to even get a ticket to get on. If you're not on the JS CSA's list (the same one in the FOM), they will almost always call us (because the commuting Pilot ALWAYS says I've done this before, can't you call someone to recheck that list). Now if you can somehow make it past the ops agent and down the jetway to meet with the Captain, kudos to ya!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back