• Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny I thought that MDA guys were "mainline................"

Funny, that's what you get for thinkin !!!

They think they are mainline, but they are a wholly owned. Any J4J USAir pilot flying for MDA is considered 'furloughed' from mainline !!!

trip said:
Probably monkied with the parking brake in flight for some reason? I've heard of that once before on a Brasilia.

I was at ASA when it happened on the Brasilia. All the tires blew and the runway was closed until he was towed off. I remember the big fat fukc of a captain who did it too. Nobody liked him anyway.

viper548 said:
any idea how it could have happened?

An Expressjet crew did the same thing in an EMB-145 in EWR a few years ago. There is a shuttle valve between the 2 hydraulic systems in which many times one system will be lower than the other due to fluid passing through the shuttle valve.

You can do a little "manuever" with the Parking brake that allows fluid to go back the opposite way to even up the hydraulic levels on both sides. Thats what the Expressjet crew was doing and the left the brake on by accident. For the life of me I don't know why crews mess with it. Just call MX and have them refill the system.

Doug Parker said:
It was an MDA crew in a 170 @ IAH last monday.

All the more reason to kkep those aircraft on mainline, away from the amateurs...........

I know mainline pilots never make stupid mistakes. I hope I get to be one of those someday. Then I can blame the industry and my troubles to the regionals. Wow then I will be cool.

trip said:
Probably monkied with the parking brake in flight for some reason? I've heard of that once before on a Brasilia.

In flight the parking brake handle also conviently enough operates the "bomb bay doors". Had a crew in forget to close the "bomb bay doors" in the ATR once. Some other idiots did it in the ERJ a couple years later....dude must have upgraded... :)

EB

Doug Parker said:
It was an MDA crew in a 170 @ IAH last monday.

All the more reason to kkep those aircraft on mainline, away from the amateurs...........

Aren't the MDA crews ex- USAirways pilots?

What I was told by our mechanics last tuesday (8/16) if memory serves.....

Either they thought it was like the parking brake of an rj and they tried to slow the airplane down with that...In the 170..the parking brake is in the full down position or full up position...that it......parking brake wont engaged till its in the full upright position...

OR

per system logic..parking brake doesnt engaged till wheel speed reaches zero upon landing.

I dunno if that makes sense or not but either way...why the hell are you messing with the parking brake on landing???????????

MEsa did the same thing in '97 at DFW in the 1900. Landed on 13R and they stopped short enough to make the first turn off. I think the crew was summarliy fired. Good ole Larry Reisley

Latest resources

Back