• Start date
  • Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" All the more reason to kkep (sic) those aircraft on mainline, away from the amateurs..........."

Piston Poop said:
Wow, are you really that much of a d-i-c-k or are you just not as funny as you think you are??

LOL. If I remember correctly, "USAir" wasn't exactly hiring the "best of the best" back in the day either.

Hey DK,

From what I remember you can't transfer hyd fluid on the ERJ in flight. It's been a long time since I've flown it, but I believe once the gear handle is up it depowers the brake control unit which won't allow the brake control valves to open to transfer fluid.

Different story on the E120.

That sound about right?

LearLove said:
The parking brake was off and the crew did everything correct as per standard operating ops. The cable binded or got cought and the aircraft did land with the parking brake on. Again the handle was in the full down position, there is no EICAS message when the parking brake is engaged. The crew has been cleared and is out flying the line again or will be tomorrow.

Note for 170 crews, on the landing checklist where you do "EICAS......Checked" you should also make a habit of looking down at the very small parking brake light which is no where near the EICAS panel. Just one of the growing pains of operating a new aircraft type. The crew handeled the incident very well and professionally. Remember boys and girls - Fate is the Hunter.

Firstly, there is no way the cable would get bound up in flight without someone messing with the handle. It would have skid down the runway on takeoff if that were the case.
Secondly, I heard (from a pretty reliable source) the capt fessed up to having the handle "half up"!!??? that sounds to me as though he half fessed up.
Lastly, even if he didn't see the "parking brake" light, which is right next to the eicas screen, I would hope he noticed the handle being in the full up position as there is no "half up".
I would say if there are any growing pains it's on the crew's part not the plane.

Dangerkitty said:
You can do a little "manuever" with the Parking brake that allows fluid to go back the opposite way to even up the hydraulic levels on both sides. Thats what the Expressjet crew was doing and the left the brake on by accident.

FAI -- The "manuever" worked in the 120. Doesn't in the 145. Just ports the hyd. fluid overboard.....

Dangerkitty said:
I know him too but I didn't and don't wanna reveal his identity. I never flew with him but he seemed to be a real nice guy in the crew room. He is lucky to still have a job.

Anyone can seem nice, but I can honestly tell you if we are talking about the same guy "K". I can tell that this guy is total trash. Not including this incident, but other things he has done in the past. All I have to say is all women better watch out for this piece of work. His mind is not right.

Latest resources

Back