• Start date
  • Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The parking brake was off and the crew did everything correct as per standard operating ops. The cable binded or got cought and the aircraft did land with the parking brake on. Again the handle was in the full down position, there is no EICAS message when the parking brake is engaged. The crew has been cleared and is out flying the line again or will be tomorrow.

Note for 170 crews, on the landing checklist where you do "EICAS......Checked" you should also make a habit of looking down at the very small parking brake light which is no where near the EICAS panel. Just one of the growing pains of operating a new aircraft type. The crew handeled the incident very well and professionally. Remember boys and girls - Fate is the Hunter.

Also there is not one pilot on the MDA list with less than 6 years 121 exp. Nobody here APL or CEL has less than 5500 tt and there are maybe 10 FO's from the CEL list that did not hold Capt at ALG or PDT at some time. Thats 100% with greater than 5000 hours total time and 98% have 121 PIC time with a type rating of some kind. All in all I'd say a pretty exp'd group of pilots, however you'd have to be a fool or someone who has no clue about this profession to say it precludes anyone here or anyother pilot group for that matter from screwing the pooch.

Last edited:
Doug Parker said:
It was an MDA crew in a 170 @ IAH last monday.

All the more reason to kkep those aircraft on mainline, away from the amateurs...........
A DHL DC8 also blew all of its tires on landing a few weeks ago. So are they amatures as well? Nice try though dipsh1t.

LegacyDriver said:
If you spell "BRAKE" b-r-e-a-k then I am surprised you didn't attend BRIAN BEDFORD'S SCHOOL OF TYPING.

Sheesh.

brake/break whatever, no not bedfords school but I did go to college with Dan Quayle's son.

Expressjet Parking Brake

Dangerkitty said:
An Expressjet crew did the same thing in an EMB-145 in EWR a few years ago. There is a shuttle valve between the 2 hydraulic systems in which many times one system will be lower than the other due to fluid passing through the shuttle valve.

You can do a little "manuever" with the Parking brake that allows fluid to go back the opposite way to even up the hydraulic levels on both sides. Thats what the Expressjet crew was doing and the left the brake on by accident. For the life of me I don't know why crews mess with it. Just call MX and have them refill the system.

I know the clown captain who did this. I would say that there is a little more to it. This guy has some major issues. It is scary to think that he is still out there flying around. Becareful Expressjet FOs.

Can I get on the hottie in your avatar for T/O?

trip said:
Probably monkied with the parking brake in flight for some reason? I've heard of that once before on a Brasilia.

Yeah, but that was a system chief pilot and VP of Flight Ops.

Happened on an XJ SAAB 'bout 4 years back. I think the Capt. bet the FO the anti-skid "touchdown protection" wouldn't allow the parking brake to work.

He lost the bet.

Latest resources

Back