• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Parker sees further consolidation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way parker handled the first merger I am sure the second will go just as smooth. He has been barking mergers for four years and he can't even complete the first one.

It's still a huge step up from a regional. Especially when you consider that about half the pilots will retire in ten years.
Don't you still have pilots at Mid Atlantic?

Lets see, from senior at a regional to junior, at another regional...

Not that I'm throwing stones, I may be in your shoes before too long.

I wonder if it ever crosses Parkers mind that it kinda looks funny to have the king of the leper colony always being the one beating the consolidation drum.

For Parker consolidation is 2 for 1 at Happy Hour

The rumor is Parker successfully completed a merger with one of his secretaries. His ego must be riding high since it's look like "his boys can swim"....

The Midwest pilots? How about some of the furloughed pilots from United? An active job at US Airways is a better job than the regionals or being unemployed. It is not the pilots fault that US Airways is so poorly run.

Engineers ride their trains to the site of the wreck while ship captains go down with the ships, do your thing.

Parker knows with yields down, over capacity and fuel coming up a merger will happen this year but who? Oh, and United has this going down:

With the demand environment weak, Fitch warned that "internal cash generation alone will not be sufficient to prevent an erosion of [UA's] unrestricted liquidity position by year end. . .United does face steady and heavy debt maturities." As of April 21, UA had scheduled maturities of debt and capital leases totaling $655 million for 2009's final three quarters. "Even if revenue trends stabilize late in the year, the airline faces over $1 billion in scheduled debt and capital lease principal payments for 2010 raising the probability of a deepening liquidity crisis," Fitch said, adding that UA also has scheduled debt maturities of $869 million in 2011.

Latest resources

Back