• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Park the guppys enter Trans State Holdings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem we're going to fight at AA is the pay rate for USAir E-jets is about $30/hr. too low. We'll shoot for the JB rates.

But when you have RAH/Mesa/TSA flying those same airplanes for over $40/hour less than JB AND on an 18 year scale, it's a tough fight.

IMO, this WILL be the fight in the coming years. I'm reasonably confident that AA pilots will not cave and give the 70+ seaters to Eagle or Connection. (Or any more 70 seaters, either.)

BTW: Eagle has been so busy trying to GET the 70 seaters, they forgot to check their rearview mirror and now have RAH doing flying at ORD. They let the camel's nose under the tent in STL. Let that be a lesson to ALL of us.

TC

I don't believe for one minute that the person who wrote the above posting is a pilot. The only pilots I have known since 2002 are the biggest bunch of sellouts and sissies who don't stand up for a damn thing!!! The only attitude I hear from them is that a lousy job with 50% pay cuts is better than no job! Well I disagree, because there are some things worth standing up for, and all we need is greater than 50% of the pilot workforces around the country to stand firm with the above quote, and we may bring this job back to where it should be!

But management will hold just a big enough carrot in front of just enough pilots to get them to fold like origami, and voila... unlimited 70-90-100 seaters at the puss filled regionals! And the sad thing is that it wouldn't take anything even close to C2K wages to make it happen. Sad but true! C2K wages plus 2.5% inflation from 2001 would put 777 CA's at 400 grand and FO's over 200 grand. And no pilot group would turn that down. You all will sellout the future of the profession for your own personal greed.

Initially I took offense at your response, but then I took some time (as I currently have a lot of time on my hands) and went back and read all of your previous posts. I am very sorry for you and what you have been through as it has turned you into a very bitter, vindictive and unhappy person with nothing but negative things to say about any topic/thread. Perhaps if you are so burnt out, down trodden and hate this career field so much....you should look elsewhere for a career outside of aviation. Your limited views and personal experiences have skewed your opinions so much to the negative that you lump ALL pilots into a hapless sellout me me me category. After reading all of your previous posts and realizing the utter void of intelligent rational thought that goes into them I have lumped you into the same category of poster with Tanker Clown and Instructor Dude. Here's to the Ignore option! Good Riddance!

Initially I took offense at your response, but then I took some time (as I currently have a lot of time on my hands) and went back and read all of your previous posts. I am very sorry for you and what you have been through as it has turned you into a very bitter, vindictive and unhappy person with nothing but negative things to say about any topic/thread. Perhaps if you are so burnt out, down trodden and hate this career field so much....you should look elsewhere for a career outside of aviation. Your limited views and personal experiences have skewed your opinions so much to the negative that you lump ALL pilots into a hapless sellout me me me category. After reading all of your previous posts and realizing the utter void of intelligent rational thought that goes into them I have lumped you into the same category of poster with Tanker Clown and Instructor Dude. Here's to the Ignore option! Good Riddance!

Andyd,

I think you completely misunderstood his post. He was complimenting you on your stance and understanding of the scope problems. There are a lot of pilots who believe exactly what he said, and history supports this. Hopefully more and more people like yourself will infiltrate the ranks and stop the scope erosion plague.

CD

... The other HUGE realization from the top down is that scope also can and will impact the widebodies. Anyone who doubts this take one look at the current mess with UAL/Air Lingus, et al.

I could care less if they give me a C2K wages + inflation and cola.....if I am scoped out of a job the wage does NOT matter.

Rant over, I need a drink but can't on my meds....this sucks....

The thing is... you WON'T be scoped out of a job. You will face the dilemma of selling out future pilots - the "scum" slugging it out at the regionals - vs. padding your paycheck for a few years. I don't know how you'll vote, but I know how the majority will: The same way the majority of your predecessors did. ME ME ME!!! It's human nature, man.

After reading all of your previous posts and realizing the utter void of intelligent rational thought that goes into them I have lumped you into the same category of poster with Tanker Clown and Instructor Dude. Here's to the Ignore option! Good Riddance!

Funny how he put a guy like me who actually agreed with his thoughts on standing firm about scope relief on his ignore list. Perhaps it was he, who was not intelligent enough to understand the meaning behind my post. What a shame. Typical pilot who actually can't even figure out who stands with him and who wants to cut his throat, so what do pilots do in that case? They all cut each others throats instead of the throats that need to be cut...MANAGEMENTS!!!

Your limited views and personal experiences have skewed your opinions so much to the negative that you lump ALL pilots into a hapless sellout me me me category.

No I don't lump ALL pilots into the sellout category. I lump the MAJORITY, as thats all it takes to approve these contracts we have seen since 2002 that the rat bastards in management have gotten away with, all the while they have not had to feel the pain. And it's true that ones personal experiences with people and things has a tendency to skew ones opinions of those very things. And since I have had nothing but bad experiences with this industry, your comment about me is like saying the sky is blue! Not an epiphany is it?

curtaindriver said:
Andyd,

I think you completely misunderstood his post. He was complimenting you on your stance and understanding of the scope problems. There are a lot of pilots who believe exactly what he said, and history supports this. Hopefully more and more people like yourself will infiltrate the ranks and stop the scope erosion plague.

CD

Hmm, perhaps you are one of the 10%ers. Thats is, one of the pilots in this industry that actually can understand the problem and not tell another one of the 10%ers like me, to get out of the industry. News flash for andyd...by getting rid of the people like me who will stand strongly beside you against scope relief for management, is not the way you actually win the battle you seem interested in fighting. Whether you like me or not! So you keep surrounding yourself with the members of the 90%ers, that is the sissies, and me me me sellouts, and keep offending the people who support your stand, and you're sure to lose! Good Luck, you'll need it!!

Last edited:
You are right sir and I stand corrected and apologize. In the future I won't post when i'm pissed off and tired!

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back