Parents bought a ticket on Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the above link:

Currently, Skybus does not offer any connecting flights (for example, from Los Angeles through Columbus to Boston). However, you’re welcome to purchase multiple one-way tickets if you wish to create your own multi-point Trip through our Columbus hub. Important: If you create your own multi-point Trip keep the following in mind:
  • You must move your baggage between flights. If you create your own multi-point Trip, you must collect your own baggage at each stop and re-check it yourself – Skybus does not move your bags automatically.
Are you kidding me? So now the only people that can even use your product must either live in CMH or want to travel there? Come on now... how many Ohio State fans would ever leave their precious state of OHIO in the first place?

Currently, Skybus does not offer any connecting flights (for example, from Los Angeles through Columbus to Boston).

Skybus doesn't offer any flights to Boston, nonstop or otherwise.

Portsmouth is not Boston.

I wonder if the Federal Trade Commission, or whatever entity is in charge, would consider this misleading/false advertising.

Wow, that's news to me. After a little research I discovered the California plant is a joint venture with GM. Can you imagine two competing airlines working together like that... oh wait, just about every airline in the world is in some kind of code-share.

Star Alliance: UA, US
SkyTeam: NW, DL, CO

How 2, let alone 3 legacy US carriers get along being in the same Alliance together amazes me.

-paul

Prior to becoming an airline pilot, I flew ValuJet/Airtran out of ATL. A seat on Delta was typically $100 more one-way. If I paid for my tickets today, I'd still fly AirTran over Delta, unless the fares were equal.

Wasn't it 6 or 7 years ago that legacy drivers considered SWA pilots pond scum because they flew the 737 for such cheap rates and had to work so much more?

Skybus will do okay initially because of the publicity from the fares, but long term is the big question. from looking at their web site, it isn't easy to connect through CMH because of the limited flight schedule.

My parents had Fords and a Dodge when I was a kid. They bought a Camry in 1984 and I sold it in college with 234,000 miles on it. I've driven Japanese ever since. The competition did force Detroit's Big 3 to get better, eventually.

I think you're seeing the same thing in the airlines. The LCC's are forcing the legacies to finally improve their business model. It often sucks for employees, but in the end the consumer wins, as well as the company that competes the best. That's a free-market economy at work. If only my airline got enlightened on productivity/efficiency, I could fly more, work less days, be happier, and they'd save money...

people dont care about business practices, they just want a cheap product in the end. thats why they shop at walmart, or take a cheap flight. the ironic thing is, they turn around and spend 50k+ on a wasteful car, or a lot on eating out, movies, etc.

so they dont care that wal-mart basically imports 80% of their products from China, made in low wage awful working conditions. They just want a CHEAP price tag. And so their employees get low wages, oppressed when they demand better pay and benefits, work rules, our basic american right to form unions, etc.

This thinking has populated itself among the population thanks to advertising from such a young age. And people look up to executives like they are Gods, and anyone below them deserves nothing but to be thankful to have a job, in any industry, even one like the airline industry where the Gods were the Pilots.

So... If we come up with $500,000 we could put what ever we wanted on the side of a Skybus plane.

How do we start the raising the funds?

Exactly what I was thinking. I could advertise my "massage" side business with a giant (1 800 Happy Endings) right on the side of the plane, BRILLIANT!
My girls will be so proud.

Latest resources

Back