Paperwork prep for SWA interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
China,

Offhot is right in his summary of the 3 letters & the comments about the chief pilot. The contact sheet talks about someone at each company that can vouch you worked there...yes CPs can vouch for that. However my understanding of that "contact" sheet is that you should consider folks who have flown with you & can speak about you personally...can a CP do that? In your case & in the case of many the size of the company precludes that, however, consider the following, choose the highest person in the leadership chain who can (1) vouch for your employment & (2) speak about you as a flyer & person of character....in some cases that won't be a CP but may be a check airman or someone of stature in the company who can talk about your character & flying ability while confirming your employment status....again as always (I'd recommend it in this situation so you're completely comfortable with it), contact the PD to get the straight skinny...good luck,

I think there's two different conversations going on here.

There are actually 2 contact forms that SWA sends out. One is "Company Contacts", and this is someone who can vouch for your flying ability, character, etc.

There is also a second form, almost identical for your PRIA (Pilot Record Improvement Act) contact. This is just so SWA knows where to send the record request.

Sure, it's unreasonable to think that the person who oversees the training records from your airline is going to be able to say anything about you personally, which is why they are listed on a different form.

Hope this clears things up...

My grades in college kind of sucked, so I gave a copy of my diploma for undergraduate. My grades in my masters were excellent, so I gave a copy of my transcript for graduate school. Keep that in mind when deciding whether to copy the diploma or to give a transcript. Not that they care about your grades much, but I would still only show transcripts if they are good.;)

Contact sheet

FlyNick and China,
Above are all good recommendations, also consider an additional "contact" sheet. Remember - if any of the 3 contacts you list are not reached when SWA is verifying employment/checking references/validating letters of rec, they will place your file at the bottom of the stack and move on to another file/candidate. Recommend you provide an additional contact sheet with anyone that you can think of who can speak to your "flying skills and your character....etc". It worked for me, and the interviewers seemed happy that I provided this document. Make it as easy for the company as possible when it comes to checking your facts!

SWAFO

p.s. Have a bud who raves about the web site below, said it sealed the deal for him when he went to Dallas.

http://www.southwestinterviewprep.com

Latest resources

Back