• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pan Am

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The dude got hired at 18 at Pan Am??? 42 year career? For real?

I thought he said he was 23 when hired so it must have been 1980 when he retired. Fascinating stories, I shared a beer with him on many overnights. Sharp as a tack. Said many of the flying boat Pacific crossings would spend the first couple of hours just above the waves until they burned off enough fuel to climb.

A spy-stewardess? GMAFB.

Not saying it happened, but many of the storylines from the show are supposedly taken from actual Pan Am crewmembers who the writers interviewed. One Stewardess supposedly did act as a courier for the CIA and did plant devices in "persons of interest" luggage. Supposedly she slipped lsd into more than one suspect Russian spy's drink. Does that make her a "spy"? I don't know. She said some flight crew members were given the rank of 2nd lieutenant in case they were detained so that the geneva convention applied to them.

The producers said the writers couldn't make some of this stuff up.

Another beautiful takeoff....shared with a dude!

If I had a nickel for every time I've gazed across the center pedestal longingly into my FO's eyes grinning from ear to ear.......

If I had a nickel for every time I've gazed across the center pedestal longingly into my FO's eyes grinning from ear to ear.......

I bet that was JennyLeigh gazing into Oys-Yo-Yo's eyes, oh wait, never mind those two putz's are the same girl huh

How bout when the captain called Boston Center and asked them to contact Pan Am HQ to locate what happened to his lead purser Bridgette. I thought about asking Atlanta Center today what happened to my flight attendant but then I changed my mind......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back