Pan Am Closing Florida Flight School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jester119

Pan Am has decided to close the Florida flight school in July. I found out from a current student. They told all the students and instructors yesterday, and are just going to have operations in AZ.

are they laying instructors off? or shipping everyone of to AZ? Wow Ft.Pierce will not be the same w/o all the chinese student's broken english yelling Papa Alfa on the freq. I guess it will make for easier traing at the aviator. Look to see 6 Duchess' in the pattern at a time.

Yup, that's true, just heard it today. How many instructores did they have?

hopefully students are not getting financially screwed... they're getting screwed enough having to potentially relocate to AZ if they want to continue with Pan Am... I hope nobody loses money, as I imagine the reason for closing was financially related.

CUEBOAT said:
Wow Ft.Pierce will not be the same w/o all the chinese student's broken english yelling Papa Alfa on the freq.

Man, I hear those guys in my sleep.

Pan Am SFB Sims, Aircraft Under liens?

A few months ago, it was reported by the SFB airport authority Minutes, that Pan AM owed "several hundred THOUSANDS" of dollars to them and they were seeking to place liens against the flight simulators and aircraft located at the SFB airport.....

I know they Moved there Ops Control to SFB joining the MAintenance folks there in Jan. Don't know much more currently other than they like to offer jobs and then recend them in the 11th hour for someone else...what a business these guys run...PAr for their course, now the students in Stewart...

When does this crap stop with Pan Am...they have nothing to do with the OLD Pan Am Name, but are really good at making the public think its the same, the employees know its really Boston Maine airlines calling the shots...and Guilford Capital running the scam, sorry running the show...

mayday1 said:
hopefully students are not getting financially screwed... they're getting screwed enough having to potentially relocate to AZ if they want to continue with Pan Am... I hope nobody loses money, as I imagine the reason for closing was financially related.

PanAm was pretty beat up after hurricane ?? ahh heck I lost track which one destroyed vero & fort P. I'm sure this didnt help any. Another landmark that was shut down/destroyed by the hurricane was The Black Pearl In Fort Pierce. This place was true class, from the sand pit out front that was used to absord all vomit cause by drinking the skanky tap bear. To the Fosters poster with the Australian on the pink surfboard in the mens room with fecal matter sprayed on it, to the nasty rat dog that was the official mascot of the Aviator/PanAm drinking team from 02 to 04 when I left. Not to mention all the bar brawls I witnessed, usually a mexican and a trailer trash fighting over who looked better sporting a mullet. One aviator drinking team member once even fell into a fight, although he lost pretty quickly and I dragged his drunk, battered ass home in the back of his explorer...... ahh good times good times. What I woudld do to have it all back.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back