Pan Am Closing Florida Flight School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Greetings..

I agree with Poo...Everyone thinking about flying lessons, please think twice about paying 50 to 75 thousand dollars to train for a 18,000 a year job to start. My student loan payments are just above 600 per month. I went to "Conair aka the delta connection academy" and then finished up at Airline training academy. I was in the last class that ASA had hired from ATA before they eventually dissolved the agreement. Then ATA went BK and a lot of students lost everything. Please be careful when choosing a school. I was lucky to have gotten hired prior to 9-11. I am still an FO on the 70 seater and will be for probably another 2 years or so. It is very difficult to make ends meet on regional pay. remember, many of us hired at that time figured we would have moved on by now. Not the case anymore. Think about these things and look far down the road when making career decisions and going into massive amounts of debt you will be paying off forever.

Good luck

CUEBOAT said:
PanAm was pretty beat up after hurricane ?? ahh heck I lost track which one destroyed vero & fort P. I'm sure this didnt help any. Another landmark that was shut down/destroyed by the hurricane was The Black Pearl In Fort Pierce. This place was true class, from the sand pit out front that was used to absord all vomit cause by drinking the skanky tap bear. To the Fosters poster with the Australian on the pink surfboard in the mens room with fecal matter sprayed on it, to the nasty rat dog that was the official mascot of the Aviator/PanAm drinking team from 02 to 04 when I left. Not to mention all the bar brawls I witnessed, usually a mexican and a trailer trash fighting over who looked better sporting a mullet. One aviator drinking team member once even fell into a fight, although he lost pretty quickly and I dragged his drunk, battered ass home in the back of his explorer...... ahh good times good times. What I woudld do to have it all back.

Amen brother. We had quite a team cueboat. Those days will be missed. We started that S**t!

CUEBOAT said:
are they laying instructors off? or shipping everyone of to AZ? Wow Ft.Pierce will not be the same w/o all the chinese student's broken english yelling Papa Alfa on the freq. I guess it will make for easier traing at the aviator. Look to see 6 Duchess' in the pattern at a time.

"Free whon even papa rafa like to go home" is the best I ever heard over the radio. FPR will be a much safer place now. The Aviator is going to take over. Pan Am sucks a fat one!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back