• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pan Am Clipper Connection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remind me to dump the lav the next time I fly over YNG.

This guys a freakin idiot!!! PAN AM is a smoking hole waiting to happen. Hopefully this douche will be on-board.

I can't figure out if this whole thread is a joke or not. I get the disturbing feeling it is not. Could someone educate us on what happened here? I thought BMA had a court order effectively prohibiting them from operating the 727's in scheduled service (due to union-busting and associated lawsuit). I guess I'm a bit behind. But it seems like anyone flying these 727's is a scab. Also, a scab with very little job security...

BMA has about the worst reputation possible in aviation. And that's in an industry where a bad reputation is the norm. Oh how the Pan Am name has fallen...

YNGAirport said:
OK.. This is VERSION 4 of Pan Am.

So far it has added--Newburgh--Youngstown--Columbus--St. Pete..

It has left----NOWHERE.

That'll be a surprise to the ground support folks in Bangor who are out of a job now.

I worked for Boston Maine for 3 years. Trust me, you do not want to go there as a pilot for the long term. Go there to get some experience, then get the hell out. You don't want to stick around there even if you not a pilot. They have been trying for years to expand beyond their present 3 727s. There have asked for permission from the DOT to fly the Pan Am 727s. As you may know, they shut down Pan AM last Oct. They had the best thing going for them by operating them and could have expanded that 727 operation, even if it was ALPA.

But the bossman hates unions. So he and his cronies shut it down when they thought they could easily transfer the Pan Am 727 ops to Boston Maine. But its not working out. To see the DOT trail go to www.dot.dms.gov. Under simple search type in "7668". This is their docket number for the DOT. Read their DOT battles, I suggest you do a reverse history on that web site, its quite a record.

They have never stayed in a market. They go in, try it out for a few months, and then pull the plug. Don't buy any tickets longer than a week in advance.

Go ahead and hate YNG. My hate began with the Piper Pilot on here who went off on me since I made a decision for my future by leaving a union. So call me a scab.

I don't care what you all say about this airline. If people like it they will fly it and I will fly it as well. I want to help me airport grow and get big and you guys have to hate this airline. Well guess what PAX don't study airlines like you........They look at the deal and the planes and the destinations and fly it.

So it is suceeding in version 4 with 4 add on destinations and ZERO losses.

And add the fact they fli 727s; Why wouldnt you fly it!

I am a supporter of the service.

They do fly 727s, yes, but they only have 3 of them operating. They have a lot more Jetstream turboprops, which is what you will see at YNG most of the time, if they ever start there. Boston and Maine, the real name of the airline, is not an employee friendly outfit, hence the anger from the board. They just happen to have the good ole' PanAm logo on the side.

I think you are taking this a bit to personally. Will YNG grow? Probably. Maybe. Who Knows. What will the economy do? Where are fuel prices going to be next year? Is the US mainland going to get atttacked again in a major fashion (I sure hope not). Totally out of our control. Also, what was that you said about the airport manager delayed B&Ms start date? I doubt it. Since when does the airport dictate an airlines schedule? Sounds like a bunch of PR Bull to me. Good luck with the airport.

As for #4 incarnation, you will probably see #5 next year. Different incorporation papers, but mostly the same people running the show.

Last edited:
Geronimo they only fly the Jetstreams between Bedford, MASS and Trenton and down in Puerto Rico.

All the flights outta YNG are on 727s like I stated on my flight schedule on my website. I called the airport and the airline and they both said that.

The airport manager saw the seats weren't selling in October; who could blame him; they held a meeting and there was a glitch in Pan Am's system. Then when it came back it was November. So I donno who called the meeting but Pan Am came to YNG to talk about it

YNGAirport wrote: "My hate began with the Piper Pilot on here who went off on me since I made a decision for my future by leaving a union. So call me a scab."

Scab.

What a pathe....

...never mind. There's nothing lower than a scab.

Keep trying different dosages. One of them is bound to make you smarter!

Latest resources

Back