Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Palwaukee Flyers strikes again.... incident.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So does anybody know the particulars? I'm sure the pilot would much rather have landed at Campbell! So what were the "mechanical problems"?

Don't any specific details..but my roommate who still has ties up there said the IP/student just said screw it & chocked the tires on the lake and split. I don't know how true it is but I sure got a laugh out of it. Glad they are ok!

Cheers

Jim is going to be in some trouble for this one, today I was over at hangar 5 flying a friends Cirrus, and saw N747KA sitting in the back of the hangar without any of the wings, talking with one of the instructors I found out that the DPA FSDO is snooping around, something about the engine logbooks being incomplete.

Jim won't be in any trouble, he always gets away with ******************** liek that, just like Mesa is still in operation.

Some details (comes from inside the school). The pic was a renter, has his ATP, good guy. Doing some pattern work at Campbell when they lost a cylinder. A C150, with two people, with one missing cylinder isn't the most performing ac, lol. He decided to land on the lake, he saw snowmobiles on it that how is figured it was ok to land there (I would still be super nervous about it). The guy tried to call JIm to help out buut Jim didn't answer so the guy said f-it and left (he talked to somebody else about it tho).

Logbook problems? Hah, if the logbook still has all its pages... that thing was overhauled by their mechanics when they decided to open an "engine shop" which didn't last long.

I hope and pray that the FSDO actually does something to this c ockmunch.

Latest resources

Back