• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Palwaukee Flyers Mgmt hits new low!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its amazing that some dbags will jeopardize their business, livelyhoods and risk legal action, all because they have some ego problem and cant stand it when someone leaves for a better job.

Actually putting something like that on paper that is untrue, is a pretty clear cut case, and if a job opportunity was lost over it, there would be plenty of attorneys willing to go for it.

There was this owner of a flight school/tour operation in Hawaii that would things really similar with PRIA reports. Some of these people just think they are the top of the food chain, and get offended that you do not recognize that and give the appropriate tribute.

My bad! Precious, you are right and I am wrong! I was misinformed, and Palwaukee Flyers' lawsuit was not dismissed.

Palwaukee Flyers was, in fact, awarded a $40,000 judgment in June of '07. To be completely accurate, that was a DEFAULT judgment, awarded after Darius, for whatever reason, abandonded the defense of the lawsuit. The $40,000 was a damage amount awarded by the court after unchallenged testimony by the plaintiff at a default prove-up hearing - the defendant was not present (having defaulted).

So I stand corrected. Not exactly the battle of the century, but a "win" nevertheless.

This is on par for his operation. I started a thread called beware of this flight school, you can find it on here and it is page after page of how bad this guy is.

Don't you have anything better to do?

Cambereffect,

Don't you have anything better to do than to disparage a perfectly fine flight school? Let your buddy fight his own fight - if there really is even one to be had.....

T2S

First off.....why is a Flight School filling out PRIA paperwork anyways????

Makes no sense.

Yeah but honestly, if you sued the guy what would you get? There can't be a whole lot of assets in this DB's operation. Granted, you'd have the satisfaction of slapping the guy around, but would it be worth the legal expense?

You'd be surprised how civil judgment against someone can essentially end their way of life. That civil judgment will follow them around for the rest of their life. It will control essentially EVERYTHING related to their being able to borrow money...

...car loans, mortgages, refi's, credit cards not getting renewed, etc...

I currently have a civil judgment against a former contractor that did work for me. I have no doubt that one day I'll get a call because this person wants to buy a new car, or get a mortgage, etc...

And when I get that call I think I'll find myself in a fairly good position to "negotiate".

I would think this FBO guy would want to avoid any kind of litigation at all....but it's certainly not hard to initiate a civil case. Get your ducks in order and stick it to him...

First off.....why is a Flight School filling out PRIA paperwork anyways????

Makes no sense.

Sigh.....OK, here you go:

Any employer that is 121, 135 or 125 MUST request the aviation employment history of anyone they are seeking to hire.

If I recall, this request goes back at least 5 years.

So, to answer your question, if you happened to be a CFI for some JOE-BLOW-FLIGHT-SCHOOL, and you applied to one of the above type of carriers, they must send the PRIA request to those outfits for them to respond to. You actually fill out the authorization form(s) during the application process.

stick what to whom? The guy is gainfully employed with his new carrier. who are you referring to? The guy who lost his $40000 lawsuit for slander?

You'd be surprised how civil judgment against someone can essentially end their way of life. That civil judgment will follow them around for the rest of their life. It will control essentially EVERYTHING related to their being able to borrow money...

...car loans, mortgages, refi's, credit cards not getting renewed, etc...

I currently have a civil judgment against a former contractor that did work for me. I have no doubt that one day I'll get a call because this person wants to buy a new car, or get a mortgage, etc...

And when I get that call I think I'll find myself in a fairly good position to "negotiate".

I would think this FBO guy would want to avoid any kind of litigation at all....but it's certainly not hard to initiate a civil case. Get your ducks in order and stick it to him...

Ahaaa, good point. I didn't think of it that way, not being too terribly familiar with the process.

Darius did not lose the lawsuit for slander. The judge threw out the suit, and made Jim pay Darius lawyers fees.

Latest resources

Back