• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pagan, Wiccan, Druid worship area at USAFA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you really going to use this retarded argument? Do you really want to know how often religion comes up in everyday life? Try to go about your life for a week and count how many times the subject of weather comes up in conversation or advertisement. Now multiple that by a factor of 1.3 and you will realize how overwhelmingly religion is in our society.

We care because our lives, money and comfort are being taken from us by people who believe in fairy tales.

Did someone just fart? It smells of intolerance and gerbils.

Well if you want to get technical about it, the correct spelling would only be in Arabic. Anything else is just an attempt to translate it over, and Arabic words converted to English can have different ways to spell the same word, just at how many variations there are of Khaffafi.

Very true. And you win the "most awesome avatar" award.

Likeitis, on first glance I thought your name was liketits, which would've been better.

Well I guess your prayers didn't come true jungle. Keep murmuring.

As for my son, alternate views and research is exactly how it went down. He checked out the Koran ( or Quran, Qur’ān, Alcoran or Al-Qur’ān) himself. He went to a school where most kids thought the earth was 6000 years old. A few years ago, one kid told him he was going to hell because he was wearing Harry Potter socks. He asked me if that were true and why that kid would say that. One kid said Israel has been around since the beginning of time, and another kid told him our life spans are getting shorter and shorter, because people used to live to 900 years old. All of these incidents needed rational explanation. THAT started our research in to the subject.

Borrowed but awesome:

Top ten signs you're a fundamentalist

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

The fool has said there is no God...YOU FOOL!

The fool has said there is no God...YOU FOOL!

Wow, psalms. Impressive. How can I ever retort. Shall I quote some Leviticus to prove what a dik your xtian god is? Do you REALLY want to quote from that book? I could be here all night.....

Finally, the nut jobs are coming out of the wood work... I knew it wouldn't take long. I tried to leave the thread too early. Now's when it gets good. Can you type in tongues yuppyguppy?

Latest resources

Back