• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Packing for Trips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No wonder I saw so many guys at Eagle with ring around the collar. They never changed their shirts!

English said:
No wonder I saw so many guys at Eagle with ring around the collar. They never changed their shirts!

That's true, and looks bad too. I carry an extra shirt for when that happens.

I carry a white T-shirt for each day, but one work shirt for every 3 days in the winter and 2 days in the summer. I iron my shirts at night on the road. To alleviate the ring around the collar, I usually undo my tie and top button once airborne, then tidy up again on the ground before we open the door.

Sorry, can't remember...

We haven't had an overnight since January. I'm not even sure where my Purdy Neat is.

I'm impressed with the guys who put on a fresh uniform shirt every day. I where mine two days at least, three if I'm lazy, and I've been known to stretch one to four days. I wear the pants for at least a month before washing them. It's really just because I hate to iron a new shirt every day. Yes, I'm that lazy. I do wear a clean undershirt and other unmentionables every day.

4 day= 1 shirt for 2 days each, same with socks and undershirts, 4th day morning skip the shave! And, I fly commando, everyday!

I only have 2 pairs of work pants and I dry-clean them every 3 months. The blazer also gets dry-cleaned every 3 months (at least during the colder months when I actually wear it). I take one shirt per trip, and don't take an extra. If I spill something on it, hopefully I have a blazer or trench coat to cover it up while I'm in public. I bring a fresh undershirt (full size white-T) for everyday, so the sweat usually isn't a big problem.

I've only had one captain so far complain that I smell. That was on the 4th day of a 4 day trip with the same shirt on. On the first day I prespired quite a bit because I had to do some jogging thanks to a 15-minute callout from scheduling while sitting airport standby. That capt. also complained that my shirt was too wrinkled, but he promised not to put that in my probationary pilot report. Thank you sir.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back