Pace 767's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pace 767's?

Any of you Pace guys heard anything about yall getting 767's? What's the word? - AV8OR

- They are getting almost all Vacation Express flying back again (lost it to Transmeridian about a year ago when TMA underbid Pace).

- Have several friends working there and was told that "possibly" sometimes in the near future (200?) they might be flying 767's under Thomas Cook Travel banner between London and a US city (MYR maybe?) Of course this is just what they heard.

- Also, they might base a few 767 pilots in London on a rotating schedule: 6 months in London, 6 months in Chicago.

Ps. AV8OR, I still think your screen name beats mine :)
Take care, AV80R ;)

The Thomas Cook Deal is as follows.

Thomas Cook's busy season is during the summer, while the American charter season is during the winter. Thomas Cook fly's 757's, and has a reciprocity agreement with Pace, which allows TCX to send a few aircraft to the states under a sub lease to Pace. As well as 2-3 Aircraft, they send x number of crew members with the planes. In return, TCX will allow Pace to send the same ammount of crew members to the UK for their busy season (summer). I am currently flying in the UK under this reciprocity agreement between Ryan International and TCX. According to the higher up's at Thomas Cook, the deal will not change at all, so I highly doubt that Pace will be doing any flying for TCX other than the reciprocity flying. If Thomas Cook was interested in starting a service to a major US city, they would do it themselves. They've got A 330's, 752's, 753's, and 320's. They are also allegedly looking at another 330 or two to increase their long haul flying.

PS. For any Pace guys interested in the reciprocity, they flying is pretty interesting, and for the most part pretty fun. It's definitely an experience.

Latest resources

Back