Pace 767's?

AV8OR

Total Time
Any of you Pace guys heard anything about yall getting 767's? What's the word?

erj-145mech

Total Time
I believe that you didn't want to post this in the regional forums, did you?

AV8OR

Total Time
Not sure where else to put it. I don't think they're 135, and I don't think they'd be considered a "major" although that term isslowly being erroded.

BeCareful!

Total Time
Major airline = $ 1 Billion in annual revenue

Pace doesn't produce that.

So, where should questions like this be posted?

hawkerflyer

Total Time
9500+
Maybe it's time for a Supplemental or National board...

mdanno808

Maika'i Card Member
Total Time
Just post it on the major's forum.

sf3boy

Total Time
i quit
ALPA came out awhile back basically stating that if you don't fly a Boeing or Airbus, then you must be a regional pilot. If your airline is a Major by DOT standards but you fly something made in Canada or Brazil, well you are just stealing jobs, watering down the industry, and not much of a pilot. Your airline actually bringing in money or, even more important, holding on to revenue, is irrelevant to ALPA.

DirkkDiggler

Total Time
biznes
Could someone please answer the god da?med question please. What are you all, librarians in your free time?

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
I have a buddy thats a 737 capt there, so take this for what it worth meaning another employee rumor. He said (just a few days ago) that they are waiting for fuel to come down (unless your last name is Bush, who isn't waiting for it it come down?) then they are going to get some 767's that are in the desert. They are also going to expand and take back some of the flying they lost last year to TMA. He said they are hiring but not at anything like a fast pace, just a few here and there.

He's been there about 6 years now and gets bounced from base to base. seems like everything is on the buddy system there too WRT to aircraft assignment and upgrade. All in all he says its OK though, could be worse, kind of like a big corp dept.

JD2003

Total Time
nuff
sf3boy said:
ALPA came out awhile back basically stating that if you don't fly a Boeing or Airbus, then you must be a regional pilot. If your airline is a Major by DOT standards but you fly something made in Canada or Brazil, well you are just stealing jobs, watering down the industry, and not much of a pilot. Your airline actually bringing in money or, even more important, holding on to revenue, is irrelevant to ALPA.
Who really cares what ALPA thinks?

AV80R

Total Time
5,000+
Pace 767's?

Any of you Pace guys heard anything about yall getting 767's? What's the word? - AV8OR

- They are getting almost all Vacation Express flying back again (lost it to Transmeridian about a year ago when TMA underbid Pace).

- Have several friends working there and was told that "possibly" sometimes in the near future (200?) they might be flying 767's under Thomas Cook Travel banner between London and a US city (MYR maybe?) Of course this is just what they heard.

- Also, they might base a few 767 pilots in London on a rotating schedule: 6 months in London, 6 months in Chicago.

Ps. AV8OR, I still think your screen name beats mine :)
Take care, AV80R ;)

mdanno808

Maika'i Card Member
Total Time
The Thomas Cook Deal is as follows.

Thomas Cook's busy season is during the summer, while the American charter season is during the winter. Thomas Cook fly's 757's, and has a reciprocity agreement with Pace, which allows TCX to send a few aircraft to the states under a sub lease to Pace. As well as 2-3 Aircraft, they send x number of crew members with the planes. In return, TCX will allow Pace to send the same ammount of crew members to the UK for their busy season (summer). I am currently flying in the UK under this reciprocity agreement between Ryan International and TCX. According to the higher up's at Thomas Cook, the deal will not change at all, so I highly doubt that Pace will be doing any flying for TCX other than the reciprocity flying. If Thomas Cook was interested in starting a service to a major US city, they would do it themselves. They've got A 330's, 752's, 753's, and 320's. They are also allegedly looking at another 330 or two to increase their long haul flying.

PS. For any Pace guys interested in the reciprocity, they flying is pretty interesting, and for the most part pretty fun. It's definitely an experience.