• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

P180 Vs. Phenom 300 - Avantair Ad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last Friday, DAL-PHX, with average west-bound headwinds.
Off 2214Z
On 0109Z
Burn 2070 lbs

(From my BB flightlog entry for that leg)

I usually plan 800, 600, 600 for hourly burn rough estimates.

Thanks for getting that for me. Been busy the last couple of days. How's the air conditioned, climate-controlled sim treatin' ya? Ready to come back to the line yet?

BTW, don't worry. I've been sweating enough for the both of us. (Inside sweaty joke for those of you who don't know us personally)

Thanks for getting that for me. Been busy the last couple of days. How's the air conditioned, climate-controlled sim treatin' ya? Ready to come back to the line yet?

BTW, don't worry. I've been sweating enough for the both of us. (Inside sweaty joke for those of you who don't know us personally)

Air-conditioned SIM is nice! But I had a pretty decent tour on the line this week. Really sharp new-hire, almost as good as you were!

Going home tomorrow at 0600.

Sweating in Houston right now!

Boy, I hate summer..:angryfire

See ya

While killing a few hours today at TEB, I got my first look at a Phenom 300. Wow. Really. Wow. What an incredible aircraft. I can't s-talk about the Phenom 300 in good conscience, now that I've actually taken a look at it.

We've got some new props coming; they're promising 20-25 KIAS faster cruise speed, lower noise footprint, etc. They also have a new meaning that you won't see advertised: they'll keep us in the game against the 300.

The airplane was that nice. Anyway, I'm always up for a good challenge. Let's see how it plays out...

edit to add: well, it WAS missing props. Strike one!

New props? Source?

New props? Source?

Yeah, we are supposed to get new props. Our CEO flew in a plane that had them in Italy; He told us some numbers that were breathtaking. He stated that we would see them late in the fall.

New props, new planes, whatever... This is aviation. When I find myself cleaning those new props, when I can pat that new plane on the nose, then I will believe in it. Not before. The numbers? I'll believe in those when I find myself at 410, going like gangbusters. Not before.

Just my .02

Boy, I hate summer..:angryfire

See ya

Oh, c'mon. Don't be such a buzzkill. We just tossed the boat in, and the masts go up today. So what's not to like? Make your way down to the ocean this year, and see what you have been missing.

...because we all know TR-equipped aircraft NEVER go off the end of the runway...

The Phenom 100 has had brake issues...but I'd be real curious to see what speed they crossed the threshold at, and how far down the runway they touched down.

...because we all know TR-equipped aircraft NEVER go off the end of the runway...

The Phenom 100 has had brake issues...but I'd be real curious to see what speed they crossed the threshold at, and how far down the runway they touched down.

and the winds and gust factor corrections (for some reason people forget about this)

but TR's are a good thing to have in your corner for landing in places like this.

Yeah, we are supposed to get new props. Our CEO flew in a plane that had them in Italy; He told us some numbers that were breathtaking. He stated that we would see them late in the fall.

New props, new planes, whatever... This is aviation. When I find myself cleaning those new props, when I can pat that new plane on the nose, then I will believe in it. Not before. The numbers? I'll believe in those when I find myself at 410, going like gangbusters. Not before.

Just my .02

Be ready to pull the power when the Mach buzzer goes off! :smash:

Last Friday, DAL-PHX, with average west-bound headwinds.
Off 2214Z
On 0109Z
Burn 2070 lbs

(From my BB flightlog entry for that leg)

I usually plan 800, 600, 600 for hourly burn rough estimates.

Wow, that's nice!

Latest resources

Back