p135 vs p121

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hookla

Ok.. here's a thought . I've been doing P135 work for quite a number of years and the chat between crew is that , we ( the P135 pilot ) should at least get paid as well, if not better then the the P121 crew.... Why?... we do more work!.. from being the tip of the blade in customer relationships, to w/b, to flight planning, to re routing when ATC has ground stops and delays... We load luggage, unload, stock the aircraft, and deal directly w customers..( oh , yes, I mentioned that earlier ,..yet mentioned once again for effect!)
so there you go guys and girls... what do you think?

Ok.. here's a thought . I've been doing P135 work for quite a number of years and the chat between crew is that , we ( the P135 pilot ) should at least get paid as well, if not better then the the P121 crew.... Why?... we do more work!.. from being the tip of the blade in customer relationships, to w/b, to flight planning, to re routing when ATC has ground stops and delays... We load luggage, unload, stock the aircraft, and deal directly w customers..( oh , yes, I mentioned that earlier ,..yet mentioned once again for effect!)
so there you go guys and girls... what do you think?
Part 135 guys make more than a lot of 121 guys. Look at the 121 regionals.

As a 135 CA, I do make more than regional pilots. I compare with Major FO base pay. Add in bonuses, tips, etc I would fair a little better. I do have more duties, but fly considerably less.

yes you're right......so stop taking jobs that pay low. and the pay will come up.

The job I have at this time pays ok,.. yet certainly not what 2nd or 3rd year major FO makes....

Please don't think that I took a low paying job as you state...

Just saying that P135 pilots should get paid a lot more then we do.

I Dunno....Im paid way to much....I sit on my butt for hours a day getting the same pay as if I actually had a real job......I have a corner office all the time.....the view is outstanding.....i never see or hear from my boss, heck I dunno if ive ever met him......and I get to fly a shiny jet and wear pilot stuff!!!! Hell id do it for free just to get more time to be able to fly a bigger shinier jet airplane!!!!!!

Pilot pay in the 135 world (like any place else) comes down to simple economics. Charter rates are hovering around where they were 10 years ago, but last time I checked, jet A wasn't $1.50 a gallon like it was ten years ago. I personally think charter rates should be about 40% higher than they are now, but the market won't allow it as competition is too tight. I really think a lot of people would be blown away if reviewed the books of a typical 135 operation. In most cases from a pure business prospective the risk is not worth the reward.

Pilot pay in the 135 world (like any place else) comes down to simple economics. Charter rates are hovering around where they were 10 years ago, but last time I checked, jet A wasn't $1.50 a gallon like it was ten years ago. I personally think charter rates should be about 40% higher than they are now, but the market won't allow it as competition is too tight. I really think a lot of people would be blown away if reviewed the books of a typical 135 operation. In most cases from a pure business prospective the risk is not worth the reward.
thank you for a nice touch of reality. the market will determine what can be charged and what can be paid for pilots. most 135 jobs are places where you pay your dues to get the next better job, which comes with the 2012 hiring boom.

Latest resources

Back