P.D. helicopter over crowded beach ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks all

I am going to drive 20 miles to NYPD aviation unit at Floyd Bennmet Field and they are going to be waiting for me with open arms so I can ask them what mission they were on . OK Maybe one of those nice guys will read me a bed time story also

"If you were really concerned, and did not want to come off as a total tool to your fellow aviators, you should have stopped by the NYPD base. I'm sure they would have been cordial with you so long as you didn't act like a civilian FAA ramp checker wannabe.

Seeing as though those pilots hold a highly coveted job, they most likely worked damm hard for their positions. The very least they deserve is someone to confront them face to face before slinging out worthless BS conjecture over the internet. "

FNFAL- heres your quote then mine lay off the mushrooms or learn how to read . How can you fly an airplane when you can't even read english you dumba$$ ?

Vavso"180 directly over head of about 600 people on their blankets""

FNFAL
"Now he's biatching about police flying helicopters over water that parallels the shoreline."

I never met a bunch of arrogant ba$%#ards as some of you guys are in my life . This board has obviously gone down hill . Lets bash cops for giving speeding tickets but dont even ask a legitimate question about the way they fly . OK Im a tool ??
Here are some words used by some of you I will refer to as the 'High and Mightys"

Conjecture,snitch ,bitching, pilot tool,judgement against the innocent . Who is judging anyone dumbass??

By the way Thanks for your answer Mudkow There are some on this board who care . And thanks for you honorable service to our country .

Last edited:
Methinks someone should find a sense of humor when reading my posts......

Vavso said:
I am going to drive 20 miles to NYPD aviation unit at Floyd Bennmet Field and they are going to be waiting for me with open arms so I can ask them what mission they were on . OK Maybe one of those nice guys will read me a bed time story also

Every single police, sherriffs, customs, and highway patrol pilot I have ever met has been exactly like any other pilot-they like to shoot the chit too. But judging by the brilliant ideas propounded henceforth by yourself, you probably would not been recieved well-especially if you stopped by to question their proffesionalism instead of just having a chat. You would probably come off just as gay as you have in this thread.

Vavso said:
FNFAL- heres your quote then mine lay off the mushrooms or learn how to read . How can you fly an airplane when you can't even read english you dumba$$ ?
:eek: >>>>> :D

Vavso said:
today and yesterday on long Island I saw an NYPD helicopter ( 5 miles out of its jurisdiction) fly eastbound along the shoreline at about 300 feet and then do a very abrupt 180 directly over head of about 600 people on their blankets . Standing in the doorway was a guy in a harness with a blue jump suit on . Sorry to say it looked like a case of show boating .People were actually uncomfortable with this overflight . Wouldnt this go against FAR91.119 Surely in a engine engine failure , rotor seperation or other mechanical issue it could have been a real disaster.

d) Helicopters. Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator

you moron do you think the city PD helicopters make on 180 when they reach their city limits?

You think LAPD Air unit, does not venture out of the LA city limits and into LA county?

Was this an NYPD chopper or a Port Authority Air unit chopper (similar paint)?

Have you heard of "mutual aid" where the sheriff may request the local PD chopper out in the county to assist with something?

many PD Air units have MOU/LOA's with the controlling FSDO for waivers of some FARS, such as flying with no lights, altitude waivers, ability to follow other aircraft (without the other guys permission), etc, etc.

dude don't make accusations when you don't know jack sh1t in the first place

while you are at it, clean up your profile and just say "gen-av piston" for Christs sake, under aircraft flown....once you are done with that, please go back to playing Flight Simulator and log out of this forum, lots of adults and grown-ups on here kid, no time for your silliness

Last edited:
satpak

I know this will get me banned .....

Hey, know what? You're right! You are gone, not necessarily for cursing, but for threatening a fellow Flightinfo member. See ya.

EF

Last edited by a moderator:
PM from VAVSO

Private Message: why are you a total **** ??http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/statusicon/post_new.gif Today, 20:03 Vavso vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);

Aircraft Experience: c-152,172 172rg,182,pa28,28r,be-19,A-23,a23-24 m20-e,be 95,be-76 B-1900 sim ,Shorts 360 sim ( Thanks Flight safety)
Flight Experience: civilian
Ratings: Comm/se/me IFR
Current Position: keeping my options open
Total Time: 780

why are you a total ***hole ??
anytime you want jump on your jungle jet and meet me mear jfk or lga , And talk your shoot to me I will Frick your **** up who the Frick do you think you are talking to dick head ??? This is a very serious offer dumb ass Whos the ugly b**** in your avatar your wife or sister ?? Whats with that behemoth head on her shoulder ?? My email if interested ************************* lips I*** @ juno.com

END OF PM

dude they must allow internet in the prisons now

that ugly b**** is Eva Longoria

in any event, BUZZ OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it within the realm of possibility that a police helicopter violated the FARs for the amusement and ego gratification of the crew.

I never once saw anything like that when I was in the Air Force. Every one of the hundreds of Air Force pilots I flew with stayed exactly within the most restrictive interpretation of the regs at all times.

On the other hand, I have it on good authority that the Navy and Army shine their a**'s all the time. So it is conceivable to me that a former Navy or Army pilot wound up in a police helicopter over the beach in a needless steep low altitude turn.

Latest resources

Back