• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Owning vs Fractional??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where is Njaowner? He said that if he could afford his own plane he would. If you guys are saying its cheaper then why does he have a share at Nja?

I think Bernie Madoff was the first one to come up with that Ponzi scheme called Netjets. Woops that's right a former Goldman executive thought it up. Let's see we get the aircraft for $20 million and sell a 1/4 share for $7 million each, then charge a monthly fee on top of that.

Yeah, because corporate operators don't have fixed monthly expenses at all, do they? Having a plane ready to fly is free, right? :rolleyes:

Where is Njaowner? He said that if he could afford his own plane he would. If you guys are saying its cheaper then why does he have a share at Nja?

I don't know the guy...but he speaks the truth and why are you calling him out?

Stop perpetuating the myth, or maybe the truth, that pilots are arrogant fools.

I love how pilots argue about whether owning or fractional or charter is better and what makes the most financial sense. If you guys were so smart you'd all be riding in the back instead of driving!

Yeah, because corporate operators don't have fixed monthly expenses at all, do they? Having a plane ready to fly is free, right? :rolleyes:

We don't purposely fly slow or mark up catering yada yada......

Whats a 1/4 share owner to do when NetJets says you owe us $XX for your sat phone time? But I thought the phone was XX a minute? Too bad

We don't purposely fly slow ...

Neither do we. We fly at max cruise speed when an owner is on board, unless there's an operational reason to do otherwise, such as avoiding a fuel stop. (And I recently talked an owner into going full-speed and doing a fuel stop, specifically to save him both time and money on a transcon in the Excel.)

Neither do we. We fly at max cruise speed when an owner is on board, unless there's an operational reason to do otherwise, such as avoiding a fuel stop. (And I recently talked an owner into going full-speed and doing a fuel stop, specifically to save him both time and money on a transcon in the Excel.)

You lost CA. G4G5 knows more about what you do than you do. :bawling:

You lost CA. G4G5 knows more about what you do than you do. :bawling:

Actually he does....and judging from the drivel you guys have spewed here thats not a great feat....:)

Regional airlines to Netjet might have been an awesome career move for many of you....:confused:....but the lack of knowledge over why someone who can afford their own plane will vs someone who can't is pretty comical.

There will always be a need for charter/supplemental lift....just not in the grand scheme that was envisioned during the boom times.

Latest resources

Back