• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Overall state of the Corporate aviation industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I thought I had a good corporate job. It disappeared before my eyes today. Time to dust off the ole resume`. I'm Part 61 current in the G-200 and Be400 if anyone has any leads. Good luck to everyone.

Welcome to the club.

Good luck to you as well.

Rum, I hope you get the call otherwise you better brush up on your Russian.

Well count me in as well! Thought I had it made at AT&T! For the short career I had there it was great!
Well, the resume is out and I am open to any suggestions!!

Cheers to all- Rum

Our corporate flight department couldn't be doing better! We are flying more than ever, adding pilots, and renewing our fleet with new airplanes. We pre-flight, fly the trips and go home.
Of course this won't last. Wife and I have hoarded our cash for the pending doom, moved a third of our assets to bonds, and gone back to shopping for gas and using coupons.
SP

Our flying is up 30 percent over last year. Even with jet A costing us $4.80 a gallon (we have it refined ourselves to get the lowest price) we are still going balls to the wall. There is way more demand for aircraft than availability. If we could hire some more pilots we could fly even more.

Of course it will all come crashing down someday, it always does.

With the right aircraft, a private aircraft might just be cheaper. Our Metro, with 12 seats, beats the round trip economy tickets from DFW to MIA. I know some airports have outrageous fuel prices, but there are ways to get around that. We've even gone so far as to repo to buy fuel. Of course, we tanker fuel when we can, we use the long range cruise power, we have all of the free fuel contract programs and anything else we can do to keep costs down.

My point is that, with the right management, a corporate aircraft can be an inexpensive and necessary tool of business, not a luxury that drains the company of profits.

Our corporate flight department couldn't be doing better! We are flying more than ever, adding pilots, and renewing our fleet with new airplanes. We pre-flight, fly the trips and go home.
Of course this won't last. Wife and I have hoarded our cash for the pending doom, moved a third of our assets to bonds, and gone back to shopping for gas and using coupons.
SP

A third of your assets in bonds? WoW. If you age 55 or younger I think you should talk to an advisor. I think there are MUCH better places to put your money than bonds. Market is down..this is a great time to buy stocks or mutual funds if you are going to be in the game for then next ten years or longer. (remember buy low and sell high). I cant remember the last time I have heard of a persons success story about how he bought bonds and made a fortune.

With all that being said, I wish you good luck in the future.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back