Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
matt1.1 said:
49 and a 76

but I still dont get your point. 91 and certain 135 can flys past 60 and that fine. Big 135 and 121 can not and it not ok to start allowing it.

I thought you were younger.

The easiest job I had was flying a 76. The most challenging was a brasilia. Many would agree. You pointed out a difference in the size of aircraft being important in medical standards. Poor, poor argument.

I can't figure out why your trying so hard to make a point that you can't see that your fooling yourself.

You should be putting every once of energy on this issue and guide it to your elected officials. Here, your not being very logical.

matt1.1 said:
decided not to respond to lear 70s insults and erased it myself
Excuse me?

MY insults of YOU? If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. I'll use, for example, a few posts after this one:

Contrary to newbie, Lear 70's page 2 or 3 comments who starts his career Monday, the FAA is going to be involved in the implementation. Even if Congress puts some language in the change outlining medical standards stay the same, the FAA will find ways around it and medicals will be changed.
I start my career? Oh, we'll just ignore the Part 121 727 Captain part; convenient for you, I'm certain. :D

I also said in my 2nd or 3rd post that the FAA was MORE THAN LIKELY going to be changing some of the health standards. Ignored that part too, didn't you?

You're batting pretty much zero with what you CLAIM that I have said. You've gotten almost every single one of them wrong. How do you do that?

You are the classic example of why there are two people in the cockpit. You are so sure that your way is the correct and ONLY way, that you'll ignore any semblence of rational disagreement, right up to the point of impact. I guess I should thank the people pushing the age 65 increase if it delays your upgrade. Scary thought with your single-mindedness and refusal to debate points that you might actually command an aircraft.

Flamebaiter. 42 posts and almost 1/3 of them on this thread alone. No urge to provide proof for his claims. Completely inaccurate claims of what people have said in previous posts.

Pretty lame attempt though. Sorry, won't get me throwing insults like you've thrown my way in every post you've addressed to me...

I think this thread has about reached the point where I bow out, nothing new or interesting is being said,,,

FoxHunter said:
I just wonder how you are so sure the medical standards are going to change? I have been told that in the event the age limit does go to age 65 the FAA sees no need to change the present standards. I think you will find that most pilots are not grounded during a FAA physical, but because of an occurance after the medical was issued such as cancer, heart problem.

This is just a quote on an ICAO article refering to Argentina's position. Here is the link too:
http://www.icao.int/ICDB/HTML/English/Representative%20Bodies/Air%20Navigation%20Commission/Working%20Papers%20by%20Year/2004/AN.2004.WP.7982.EN/AN.2004.WP.7982.APPC.EN.HTM

[FONT='Times New Roman', serif]STATES AND INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS' COMMENTS[/font]​

Argentina
Note.— See appropriate partial language version of this AN-WP for original text.
1. It is our opinion that psycho-physiological capacitation can eventually be granted to pilots up to the age of 63, provided that the following conditions are met:[/font]

a) No medical history of chronic, metabolic, cardiovascular and/or neuropsychotic illnesses;[/font]

b) No aviation accidents and/or incidents involving a pilot's human factors in the last five years.[/font]

2. As such, pilots must undergo a bi-annual medical examination that should consist of the following components:[/font]

Complete neuropsychiatric examination, including an electroencephalogram; echo-doppler of the neck vessels; Rey Complex Figure Test; MSG Test; Weschler Test;[/font]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]∙ Clinical examination of the heart, including a graded ergometric test; an echocardiogram; and a rectal exam;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]∙ Laboratory: Complete routine analyses including a creatinine test; serum lipid profiling; liver function test; PSA; fecal occult blood test (FOBT); and complete urinalysis;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]∙ Ophthalmological examination, including fundoscopy;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]∙ Audiometric test [the result of which should be] within normal limits.[/FONT]

Big 135 what is that, the B-737 BBJ with 29 seats from the factory is a pure 135 airplane flown by over 60 pilots.

dsee8driver said:
This is just a quote on an ICAO article refering to Argentina's position. Here is the link too:
http://www.icao.int/ICDB/HTML/English/Representative%20Bodies/Air%20Navigation%20Commission/Working%20Papers%20by%20Year/2004/AN.2004.WP.7982.EN/AN.2004.WP.7982.APPC.EN.HTM

[FONT='Times New Roman', serif]STATES AND INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS' COMMENTS[/font]​

Argentina
Note.— See appropriate partial language version of this AN-WP for original text.
1. It is our opinion that psycho-physiological capacitation can eventually be granted to pilots up to the age of 63, provided that the following conditions are met:[/font]

a) No medical history of chronic, metabolic, cardiovascular and/or neuropsychotic illnesses;[/font]

b) No aviation accidents and/or incidents involving a pilot's human factors in the last five years.[/font]

2. As such, pilots must undergo a bi-annual medical examination that should consist of the following components:[/font]

Complete neuropsychiatric examination, including an electroencephalogram; echo-doppler of the neck vessels; Rey Complex Figure Test; MSG Test; Weschler Test;[/font]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]∙ Clinical examination of the heart, including a graded ergometric test; an echocardiogram; and a rectal exam;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]∙ Laboratory: Complete routine analyses including a creatinine test; serum lipid profiling; liver function test; PSA; fecal occult blood test (FOBT); and complete urinalysis;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]∙ Ophthalmological examination, including fundoscopy;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]∙ Audiometric test [the result of which should be] within normal limits.[/FONT]

All that is just fine, but the FAA was asked about medical changes if they are forced to go to age 65. The answer was that he believed that no changes were necessary.

No changes in medical standards for anyone when age-65 passes. That is what FAA executives have said. Yes that has been confirmed.

UndauntedFlyer said:
No changes in medical standards for anyone when age-65 passes. That is what FAA executives have said. Yes that has been confirmed.

So they perjured themselves in court testimony when they said otherwise?

Hey BringinguptheTird: Why don't you let those mentors you appreciate so much know that you want to merchandise the physical flaws and ailments of your fellow pilots? Let them know that when it gets tough in this business you be there to sell out your coworker. See if you still have any friends.

Lear70: You do the same thing.

I can take about anything. Merger, BK, medical out or whatever. But I can't take weakness in my coworkers. Lear70 and BringinguptheTird have been revealed. Pay no attention to their science or financial reasoning. They feel like changed medical standards will propel them into something they would not have had otherwise. That is greed.

Captain Smythe: I can't imagine anyone who has recently had a better career. One with a company that cannot be separated from the demise of so many other companies that provided better careers. And you need more money? Thats sad. You need to check yourself.

Foxhunter & Undaunted and other old guys: Seniority provides equally for the chance to be the "old guy" (or at least the oldest guy you can). Don't confuse that to think that just because your the old guy right now you're something special. There were old guys before you doing those 3 engine ferry flights so back off a little. Looks like you might get a freebie on this. a gift really. I hope you can accept it with a degree humility. It is a pot of gold for you two, it could be the ruin of many. My respect for you will be diminished. The proudest act in this business should be letting it go. If you are good with the handlebars and feel good, find another job! If you really are good, THAT is how you show the world. NOT by bawling for some administrative change, hoarding the top spots, and on (top of that) proclaiming how great you are! If you want to do that then lets abandon seniority entirely. Lets rebid our companies and go with rostering and assignments. Then we will find out who should be doing those 3 engine ferry flights!

I'm outa here. Good thread.

Last edited:
Flopgut said:
Let them know that when it gets tough in this business you be there to sell out your coworker. See if you still have any friends.

Lear70: You do the same thing.
How's that, exactly? I'm not selling out anyone; quite the opposite, I'm allowing both sides of the age equation to keep doing what they want as long as they can.

You can try to badmouth me and twist my views as much as you want, just like Matt1.1, but it doesn't change the FACT of my position on this which has not changed one iota since we started discussing this.

I can take about anything. Merger, BK, medical out or whatever. But I can't take weakness in my coworkers. Lear70 and BringinguptheTird have been revealed. Pay no attention to their science or financial reasoning. They feel like changed medical standards will propel them into something they would not have had otherwise. That is greed.
Again, explain this sh*t to me, because it makes sense to exactly 2 people on this board, you and Matt.

Greed? I'm more than 2 1/2 decades away from realizing any kind of benefit to this. The point I made is that, if you choose to fly past 60, it becomes cost-neutral. You can't change the math, buddy, and if me saying that everyone can survive this without severe damage is "greed", then you need to take some serious deductive reasoning classes.

Are you and Matt related?

I'm outa here. Good thread.
I should know better than to keep posting, but you people who keep insisting I'm saying something I HAVE NEVER SAID pisses me off.

Good thread? Yeah, OK, what you said.

Latest resources

Back