• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grizz

Too much free time
Hey everyone,

Sadly, I've come to the realization that I need to remove myself from posting on this board. I'm close to completing my training to become a pilot advocate and representative (Shop Steward) for Local 1108. Since my posts here could be construed by some as an official position of Local 1108, I need to make sure nothing I do or say here undermines our efforts or my ability to represent one of our pilots to the best of my ability. Everything I've posted so far has been my own personal opinion and not the official stance of Local 1108.

At some point after the contract is done, I hope to be able to resume posting and conversing with fellow pilots about our industry and the niche we occupy by being fractional pilots. For those that need to get a hold of me, the best way is via e-mail at [email protected].

To NJAOwner and the others that I've met through this board, please keep in touch. I value the conversations we've had. To the pilots at Flight Options, please send in your cards. The best thing that you can do for yourselves is to get a CBA that prevents Flight Options management from taking more of your current lifestyle away. To the NetJets pilots, keep up the good fight and look for my usual loud-mouthed posts on our board. To the workers at Bridgeway, thanks for all your support. We don't wish to put you in harm's way but the situation is what it is. Unless and until the management of NetJets starts to value the contributions of this pilot group, we will have to force the issue.

Adios folks..I'll just be reading from here on out.

Sign off

Griz: you forgot to add at the end

"The preceding post was brought to you by Dewey, Cheatem & Howe, legal counsel to the local." Sounds like you had a call from some union lawyers.

Good luck.

Fly safe.

Good luck, Grizz.

We'll welcome you back with open arms.

In the meantime, open up a second anonymous flightinfo name and keep us informed!

Dang Grizz, I was all excited for you. I though you got lucky and found a real job. Good luck with the steward stuff. A good guy such as yourself should be moving on but we are happy and lucky to have you.

Sad, but not surprising. I know how important it is that you are careful to "educate not advocate", as the saying goes. May the time pass quickly for all of us. I'm glad that I'm just saying a temporary goodbye, and only here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back