• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Outlook for SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just do what I do and block the Genitals dumb a55. What he post is his typical useless misinformation. It is unfortunate some insist on answering the dumb a55. Then they quote the moron for all of us to see. So I ask those that want to respond to this idiot. Can you not quote the Genital? So those like me are not forced to see his piontless spew.

As someone who desperately wants to be a part of SWA one day, I'm inquiring about the current outlook of the airline and how they are positioning themselves to stay competitive and grow.

I was talking to a friend recently who ran into a SWA f/o, and my friend picked his brain about what's up there. Anyhow, some concerns the f/o mentioned were: upgrade time was going to grow considerably, deliveries were slowing down a lot in '08, and no one is sure what'll happen when the 737 production line shuts down.

I always take rumors, etc., with a grain of salt, but I was curious what take SWA pilots have on this. It won't keep me from wanting to work there at all, but I wanted your candid point of view- just trying to stay informed. Thanks a lot!

Are you really meaning to ask others' opinions or for reinforcement that it is still a good idea to want to work there? or are you really deep down having a few doubtfull thoughts? no flame intended, just curious.. Cheers, klr

Hey General. Could you do something for me please? Take a few months off from posting on this board. You are too disgruntled and post negative remarks when it is not needed. I am about to give up reading these boards because of you. Thanks much. Peace.

No. But you can put me on ignore. Please do so.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Guys, it took me about two minutes to figure out how to put General pee on my ignore list, click on his name, click on his user profile, then click on add to ignore list, then click save.

I have only put one other person on ignore, and removed him, I don't expect to be doing this for Gentle Lee

Last edited:
Actually, Song owns Montana. Their international expansion plan is due out any time soon. I thought we would have seen it right after they came out of Ch 9.

When it comes to low fares, Song has the market cornered. They are really sticking it to Air Tran.

Between Song and Simpli-fares, Delta is pretty much unstoppable.

The problem I have had on this board is that there are some people on here who get livid if I state anything I don't like about Southwest.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, the problem with "some people" is that someone is asking a question about working at Southwest, and you actually answer it. Hello! you don't work at Southwest, you have no idea of what it is like to work at Southwest. You need to stop responding to any thread where a person asks about working at Southwest because the bottom line is, YOU HAVE NO FUC&ING CLUE! I know you think it is funny, but as ridiculous as this board gets, it's not 5th grade. You can say anything you want about Southwest and I could give a rats a$$, but when it comes to the working environment, keep your trap shut. You have no idea, stop looking like a jealous 5th grader.

(Waiting for your other usernames to chime in next) :rolleyes:

You have no idea, stop looking like a jealous 5th grader.
surfing myfacebook.com

I think, just saw the General talking to Chris Hansen (from NBC) on TV, now!!!!

didn't fly in green bags we wore suits. We only wore the the green bag when we flew local trainers. I did love the 757. It was an awesome machine. I have 30 yrs experience flying Boeing aircraft so I don't look back just forward. I make more money after three yrs at SWA than I did when I retired. I can overlook the limitations of the -300 at any temp when the 5th and 20th come around. I also find SWA to be much more concerned about me than the AF ever was. I had to take 6 weeks off for illness last winter. I was contacted by several company chief pilots asking what can we do for you. I have a home a SWA and I am glad you have one at DAL. Why don't you drop the LBB issue. I have never been there and I can't discuss its good or bad points. I can tell you that our hotel committee does a great job of finding places for us to stay. I can also tell you that we have several crews at each location and we do get along and like to sit at the bar and chat about the good life at SWA. It isn't quite the same comradre as the AF but its close. Do you have that?

Latest resources

Back