• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Outlook for SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say it goes like this for me............

Parking Checklist
Fill out DR
Enter times in logbook
Align IRS's
Program FMC
Enter cruise altitude and Landing elevation
Write down ATIS
Get Clearance
Enter Squawk code
Set up Radios
Set up Altitude and Courses
Set up OPC
Before Start flow

All of this done before passenger 137 left the airplane.

Follow the last passengers up the jetway to go for a walk. I'm not hungry since I ate before we left, and I'll be at my overnight in 4 hours and 20 minutes.

Now I also have occasionally had to change airplanes, and done that in :20. The real pain is when you have to sit for 1:30, it feels like 4 hours.

And the CA side, where you will spend most of your career, goes like this............

Call for Parking Checklist
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Before start flow

I have seen several places that have mentioned the reduction from 34 down to 19 aircraft for 2008. Does that really mean 15 fewer new deliveries or that 15 of the older -300/500's that might need re-skinning get parked or sold?

It can mean many things. I think we are going to take the deliveries or sell the slots. Management has a lot of options. Park older 300/500's. Sell those planes. Give back the few planes that we are leasing. Take 15 out of service to reskin. Who knows exactly what they are going to do. They also ordered/converted options from 2009-2012. This is just a bump in the road. Plus we are in Section 6 talks now.

Another rumor was that ATA has or had 15 737's on hand. We reduce 15 for the year. They have 15 planes. Hmmm.

Airtran is still on the radar as well as others. One guy believes we have been in the reduction of staff mode to take on some new employees. We will all see what 2008 has in store for us.

Seems like he is the one providing facts, and you can't seem to debate him. Can you deny what he says about the routes, the turn times, the multiple leg days, or even the single aircraft type? Some people don't like those things. Let the personal attacks begin...

Yeah, but it's tough to debate a mastur debator like the General. He really gets his hands around the subject. At least a couple of fingers

I have seen several places that have mentioned the reduction from 34 down to 19 aircraft for 2008. Does that really mean 15 fewer new deliveries or that 15 of the older -300/500's that might need re-skinning get parked or sold?

SWA deferred deliveries of 5 new airplanes. From what I've heard there are also 10 -300s with leases that are due for renewal in 2008. That would make the reduction of 15 aircraft.

Latest resources

Back