Out of work again!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atpcliff,

Did you say AMERIJET has falcons (or did you mean Ameristar). I used to fly at Amerijet but we only had 727, they used to have falcons.
Thanks.

AAflyer

Hi!

Sorry, that was Ameristar. They also have a couple of 737s.

Good luck with the job search!

Cliff
GRB

Anaconda,
I wish I could sit around on my a$$ and do a lot of paperwork. It would be a welcomed change that myself and many of my coworkers would welcome. I am sure you would agree, most military units have a very high optempo right now. We might not fly as much as civilian pilots, but we stay busy with other training missions, which I am sure you are very aware of. If all you want to do is fly, and nothing else, then never join the military.

As for the "slackers", well they exist in every profession. (i.e. pilot's flying drunk, freedom air pilots, etc...).

Most important though, FD's current situation is the exact reason I am too "scared" and too "weak" to get out of the military. Both civilian aviation and the current job market are in bad shape. For the military aviators that remain active duty, I don't believe they are weak or scared, but instead love there exciting flying, like a stable paycheck and defending America's freedom.

Good luck, FD I do wish you the best in finding more work!!!!!!!!!!

FalconDriver,

I feel for you. I as well have had to face great adversity. It is important that you try to maintain a positive attitude. I know that it is hard. I have a saying "It doesn't take a lot of work to be a pessimist, but it does take a lot to be an optomist". Please keep working on that optomism, life goes much better if we can keep that kind of hope.

I lost a job that I thought I would be able to finish my career at. The company closed it flight ops so there is absolutely no chance of ever getting back to work there. No fulough that even sometime in the future that I would be able to take advantage of.

I have a long stories as I am sure that you do as well. In short, please try to keep your chin up and soldier though all of this. You will know what to do and what works for you. I don't think that it's appropriate that people give you the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" lines. As irritating as it might be they are all probably just trying to help.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, and wish you the best in your job quest. With a little luck we will not have to compete for the same job!

Good Luck & Have Fun!

Ameristar

Ameristar has both Falcon 20`s, and Lear 24/25 on the 135 side. You will be dual qualified. I do believe we are hiring, but only for the Detroit base. The 737`s are on a 121 certificate, and we just aquired 3 DC-9`s from Reliant which will be on a 125 certificate(i feel sorry for those 125 guys). The company pays well, and has decent benefits, but you pay for it with the bad schedule which is 10 days on with 4 days off. Send me a messge if ya want to know more.

Best of luck

Hey Cliff,

I can not speak for other military units, but since Nov 2001, I have been avg. 110 hours. Since last year I have over 1096 hours. And its going to get worse. I wished I could sit on my but in the guard, but we don't have that luxary.

Terry Vickers
CRJ/FO
ACA

Temp loan to the military

Not Alone

FalconDriver,

Just wanted to let you know your not alone in this nightmare. I too am out of work. Been on the streets for 3 weeks now, called everyone I know, called everyone they know and still nothing solid yet.
And there is the key word, "yet", no doubt this situation sucks but all I can do is continue to hit the phones, talk to people at the airport, and solicit help on boards like this. What other choice is there? I made my bed long ago and chose this career, while I'm not fond of unemployment, I wouldn't trade this profession for anything else. I guess what I' trying to say is, Keep the Faith, this to shall pass.

Feeling your Pain,

Rice :cool:

And any of you guys out there who know of a couple of decent job openings, I bet there are at least two guys who would be greatful hearing about them.

I'm retired Army.. Flew Rotary-Wing and Fixed-Wing.. Didn't sit on my A$$ much- a whole bunch on a Martin Baker.. Close to 6000 hours fixed and rotary when I retired, flew from 1975 to 1981 as a Fixed-wing crewchief 1982 until 1997 as a Aviator.. Retired because of Army management- me being a Fixed-Wing guy when Clinton was gutting the military didn't help.. My extra duties; Instructor Pilot, Supply Officer, Arms Room Officer, Maintenance Test Pilot and best of all "Morale Officer".. Anyway here I am a P.F.C. and enjoying life..

Work with NJA now and enjoy it-Captain on the Excel.. Don't have to worry about layoffs-been here 4 years.. Been unemployed only 3 months since 1975, Thank God.. NJA is a good job, fly about 30 hours a month to some neat places with neat people.. Can only get better.. One thing for sure its nice working for a comapny that just ordered 150+ Jets in this maket!

If I had to do it again I would jump all over the military thing.. Best years of my life and I loved every minute.. I miss my friends a whole bunch and the flying.. Man, I flew all over the world both high and low and have seen some great things-not to mention great people.. Most of all, the retirement check is nice, pays for the house and the college fund for the grandson-so you do get a return on your investment.. Yep 45 and a grandfather!

Falcon Dude.. Try NetJets its a good job.. Good luck to you...

Latest resources

Back