Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailey3083

I'm Not Hiding
I find it interesting that all the airlines are publishing the same B.S. in their magazines. In July AA, DAL, NWA, UAL and USAir all have articles by their CEO's telling people how "they" pay 94% of the cost of the ATC system while "rich fat cats" only pay 6% but yet use up 50% of the system resources.
So I guess the delays today in the Northeast is our fault? I guess when a plane runs late because of airline scheduling it is our fault? Hell MSNBC just did a story how June 2007 was the worse month on record for the airlines but yet the DFW Rep and the AA Rep spent more time complaining that it is GA's fault that DFW has the 3rd worse on time performance of all domestic airports then saying " Hey maybe we need to get American to look at their schedule".
So how many of you think the new funding bill will be passed and put our jobs in jeopardy?

Bailey

Wouldn't it be interesting if someone starting demanding that airline employee travel become "taxable income." They want to start a pissing contest???

they probly wouldn't even notice the price hike.......and on another note.....if the airlines raised their prices they wouldnt have a problem.....

It won't happen. Although it's unlikely there will ever be a forum for our side to get the truth out to the masses, and the vast majority of air travelers ride the cattle cars, the ones with the true political clout fly fractional, corporate, and private aircraft. I think I just discovered the only good thing about lobbyists.

Here is the dirty little secret of politics:

Those evil special interests that everyone complains about about just people like you and me who want to get their message to yahoos in the beltway.

Lobbyists wouldn't have jobs without groups from the NRA to the Sierra Club. Those groups are made up of average citizens (of which I'll wager the NRA is probably one of the largest).

Typical Trip

On Friday, Pick up a man, wife and two teenage daughters in BED who are paying $8400/hr for the Citation X on a jetcard and take them to SFO to go shopping for the weekend. They fly back Sunday afternoon.

10hrs on the X $84K to buy a few thousand dollars worth of gifts in SFO.

How much were those user's fees going to add to this cost?

Gifts bought in SFO -- $6000

Private Jet costs: -- $84,000

Greenpeace decal on the back window of your LEXUS -- $10

Avoiding TSA and all the annoying little people who fly commercial -- PRICELESS!

Latest resources

Back