• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ouch...1st Pinnacle pay check

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bottom line is this industry sucks. Most of us have been in it so long it would be difficult to just walk away. Going back to school having a family and little income would be difficult for most. The idiots in charge know this, and that's why these turd contracts get voted in. It pisses me off to see these corporate morons raking in the cash and getting "golden parachutes" while the people making the money for the company are going back to wages from 7+ years ago. Of course we all need to do our jobs safely. But as far as going above and beyond; hell no! It will get you nowhere. Oh yes. It will get you where we are now.

Ok I'll bite. I voted Yes for many reasons. The biggest was factor was that a NO vote was a vote to wind down Pinnacle and get NOTHING. I voted to keep my job, keep my health insurance, get an interview at Delta, and $12,000 in a lump sum payment. I decided to live not to fight another day but to live to move on.

So how about an honest answer form you. Through the road shows and RGS's it was CLEAR that by voting No would mean you get NOTHING. So by your BIG MAN declaration are you going to refuse your Delta interview and your onetime payment? Or are you going to be the guy with the "don't blame me I voted for Bush" bumper sticker?
Call them out on it. I refuse to believe an airline's business model is dependant solely on pilots passing a concessionary contract, otherwise the company shuts down? That's one bluff I'd call out. Otherwise, full pay to the last day. If you voted yes, you have no grounds to beotch about your new pay.

What is the word on furloughs?

A few junior FO's who are in my crash pad are telling me there will not be any this year. Last I heard (which was over a month ago) was 150 but the number seems to be dropping every time we get a new email from the union.

get an interview at Delta?

Delta interviewer: "Good morning. I see you're from Pinnacle, what's your name?"
Pinnacle applicant: "My name is...
Delta Interviewer: "Oh I'm sorry, I don't really care. Now go f#$% yourself. Have a nice day."

There's your guaranteed interview. Now what?

Delta interviewer: "Good morning. I see you're from Pinnacle, what's your name?"
Pinnacle applicant: "My name is...
Delta Interviewer: "Oh I'm sorry, I don't really care. Now go f#$% yourself. Have a nice day."

There's your guaranteed interview. Now what?
Or more realistically, "In your [14-20+ years] at 9E, did you apply to Delta in the 80s? 90s? In the 2006-2007 cycle? 2010 cycle?" "Why Delta? And why now?"

Call them out on it. I refuse to believe an airline's business model is dependant solely on pilots passing a concessionary contract, otherwise the company shuts down? That's one bluff I'd call out. Otherwise, full pay to the last day. If you voted yes, you have no grounds to beotch about your new pay.

It doesn't look like he was bitching. He was pointing out what his new pay check is. I saw my check and it sucks. I'm one of those people who didn't vote, not because I don't care, but because I can't see myself voting for a pay cut, at the same time I can't see myself voting myself out of a job (which is my opinion). I'm not going to bitch since I didn't vote no, and I don't think the OP was complaining. He was just pointing out what his new pay is.

Ok I'll bite. I voted Yes for many reasons. The biggest was factor was that a NO vote was a vote to wind down Pinnacle and get NOTHING. I voted to keep my job, keep my health insurance, get an interview at Delta, and $12,000 in a lump sum payment. I decided to live not to fight another day but to live to move on.

So how about an honest answer form you. Through the road shows and RGS's it was CLEAR that by voting No would mean you get NOTHING. So by your BIG MAN declaration are you going to refuse your Delta interview and your onetime payment? Or are you going to be the guy with the "don't blame me I voted for Bush" bumper sticker?

You caved in into a airline corp trap. Pinnacle will NOT go away ! No furloughs! IDIOTS! They push you guys in believing that crap. Whatever I'm out of this industry. I had enough dealing with worthless people who have no pride in aviation or self. I bet delta are kicking each other knowing they could've gotten these scabs to vote on cheaper TA. 3 year cap at 7 bucks but hey " at least we have a job".

Your pain will be felt by all of us soon enough here at SKW.

Hmmm...How did "calling their bluff" work out at Comair?

Latest resources

Back