• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Others value ALPA more than many of its members

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean a manipulative little group of con artists that swindles general aviation pilots out of their money to benefit business jet owners? AOPA is a joke. Nothing but a tool used by business jet owners to advance their own agenda.

Change one or two words and it would describe ALPO too.

You mean a manipulative little group of con artists that swindles general aviation pilots out of their money to benefit business jet owners? AOPA is a joke. Nothing but a tool used by business jet owners to advance their own agenda.

Stop. Just stop right there. You have no idea what AOPA does and what services it provides for GA pilots and aircraft owners.

Stop. Just stop right there. You have no idea what AOPA does and what services it provides for GA pilots and aircraft owners.

I was a member for a long time. I'm well aware of what they do. That's why I wised up and stopped sending them my money.

Just curious why there is the NBAA when AOPA does such a great job of robbing from the poor to give to the rich.

I was a member for a long time. I'm well aware of what they do. That's why I wised up and stopped sending them my money.

Same here...oh wait you mean AOPA...I thought you meant ALPA.

On a serious note PCL...I would like to start a new union..."PFT'ers United". I would like to put your hat into the ring to serve as the first president of the association.

Maybe if you got involved AOPA would have been a better organization.

AOPA's magazine is way better the ALPA's. Much nicer pictures.

Maybe if you got involved AOPA would have been a better organization.

point taken :)

AOPA's magazine is way better the ALPA's. Much nicer pictures.

AOPA's rag is like Vogue is for fashion...

Love the ads for the big watches and the pilot puppy farms that will "get you hired" at the regionals... :rolleyes:

Every year I read the same article on SE piston planes... but wait.. this one has a moving map!

AOPA is a hobby. For $39 a year all you get to do is nothing... just the way ALPA pilots like it. No wonder ALPA pilots gush and blush at AOPA...

No voting...

No meetings...

No dues...

No career

No profession.

Last edited:
Does AOPA negotiate CBA's?

How would you improve ALPA's baragaining abilities?

I'd get rid of ALPA as a bargaining agent and leave it up to individual pilots to negotiate their own worth. You can't tell me that if Delta goes under, your skill goes from being worth 100k a year to being worth 30k just because you had to start at another carrier.

You can thank ALPA for that one.

How did a buddy of mine get to leave a 130k a year job flying a G for one company and get hired by another flying the same type of plane for starting pay of 155k without utilizing ALPA's superior bargaining skills?

You mean a manipulative little group of con artists that swindles airline pilots out of their money to benefit the union big shots and airline managements? ALPA is a joke. Nothing but a tool used by senior pilots and union big shots to advance their own agenda.

Exactly! :beer:

Latest resources

Back