• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Orient Thai

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry about the typo. I had a friend that worked for them for a while. Virtually non-existant training program and nazi-like management. Scary.

FutureTEDpilot said:
$5000 for a Capt (Tax Free?) would more than pay for my house in the states, and I am sure you can rent cheap in BKK.

Thanks for the info, I will look forward to more.

Your kidding, right? Moving overseas seems good on paper and it may in fact be good for a while. But at the end of the day the only reason to go overseas is if you're getting paid to do it. Five grand ain't shiznit when it comes to overseas contracts. I have done quite a few contracts. Most of them sucked, some were good. The ones that suck are bearable when you're getting paid some coin. But fly a shitty contract AND get paid crap? No way! It's not only shitty, it's miserable. Why do you think the same companies advertise on CLIMBto350 and pilotjobs.com? Because they can't crew memebers... because they don't get it when it comes to taking care of the asset managers, the pilots. Either way, it's your choice.

In 2000 I was offered a contract as a A340 PIC for $5,000 a month in Africa. Sure the type rating and time on type would've been nice but it wasn't worth the uncertainty of hauling my freight to Africa for a measly salary. Of course, Thailand is much different than Africa but BKK is polluted and OT is not a sure-shot carrier. If you're just going there for the type and time on type experience, perhaps it will pay off in the end for you. But you need to make sure there aren't other opportunities out there first.

Good Luck

Thaaaat....is Mrs. Tiger Woods.. (could also be her twin sister too. "Twins, Basil, twins..)

Mookie

Mookie said:
Thaaaat....is Mrs. Tiger Woods.. (could also be her twin sister too. "Twins, Basil, twins..)

Mookie

Um...wrong! But I told her what you said and she said she would be more than happy to "borrow" Tiger's credit cards....

Latest resources

Back