Operating Cost: Legacy 650 vs 7X

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-
And since when do "Arabs" care about what stuff costs? They can afford the 7X if they wanted it. Clearly it doesn't fit the mission. Maybe they hate Frogs. The EMB is a success and all the ppl who dump on it aren't gonna change that.

I guess it might fit the mission?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...rter-service-in-the-middle-east-92770754.html

But really....whats the point? Most of us dont care what we fly, we just want good jobs.

This can go on forever (or at least 7-8 pages) but it always ends the same........

:0

and
the Legacy 650 will have nearly 2000nm less range than the Falcon, will fly at a lower speed & altitude over than ~33% shorter range, and will have far less residual value than the Falcon in the future.
and
You posted a 1000nm comparison between a regional jet and a Long Range Bizjet. Why?
and
But really....whats the point? Most of us dont care what we fly, we just want good jobs.

I spoke with some people at Embraer and got the following (I'm summarizing not quoting):

Why don't you call the people at Dassault and see what their numbers are on the 7X versus the WSCoD?

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle....

But in the end, do you want at POS regional airliner with an extra gas tank or a purpose built long-range bizjet?

Why don't you call the people at Dassault and see what their numbers are on the 7X versus the WSCoD?

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle....

But in the end, do you want at POS regional airliner with an extra gas tank or a purpose built long-range bizjet?

Word, and all the numbers are projected. The Dassault/G stream product numbers are demonstrated.

Embraers always beat the book #s. They're not "projected" they're guaranteed. Embraer is notoriously conservative with their performance #s. That's due to the fact that their traditional clients are airlines and the airplanes *have* to meet the promised #s or else...
-
I will take my "POS RJ with an extra gas tank" any day of the year. Airliners are by necessity reliable, rugged, and redundant. The Legacy is the leader in these departments by far. And I like a cockpit built for tall American pilots, not short, tiny-footed French "Small Fry" pilots... I do care what I fly because I don't like leg cramps, sweating my a** off, etc. I won't fly a Lear no matter what it pays. Pay me less but gimme elbow room, lots of backup systems, and nice air conditioning.

-
Yep, this always ends the same after seven pages -- with me being right.

Last edited:
Embraers always beat the book #s. They're not "projected" they're guaranteed. Embraer is notoriously conservative with their performance #s. That's due to the fact that their traditional clients are airlines and the airplanes *have* to meet the promised #s or else...
-
I will take my "POS RJ with an extra gas tank" any day of the year. Airliners are by necessity reliable, rugged, and redundant. The Legacy is the leader in these departments by far. And I like a cockpit built for tall American pilots, not short, tiny-footed French "Small Fry" pilots... I do care what I fly because I don't like leg cramps, sweating my a** off, etc. I won't fly a Lear no matter what it pays. Pay me less but gimme elbow room, lots of backup systems, and nice air conditioning.

-
Yep, this always ends the same after seven pages -- with me being right.

The AC works quite well on our two Falcons thank you...I also fit my 6' frame into the cockpit fine. Although most cockpits sould use a little more room. Global size would be nice!

Doesn't the 7x do .91m or so. Whats the Legacy do....72-.73m?? It's like trying to compare a C-172 to a King Air 200...there is no point.

L/D ... why in the world do you do this? You act as if someone has told you that your children are ugly.

An airplane is simply a means to a paycheck. If my boss wants me tofly a Legacy I will be happy so long as my pay does not get lowered to that of a commuter pilot.

G200 makes several excellent points regarding the differences. However, in reality, it is obvious Lecacy has done a great job of turning a commuter jet aircraft into a corporate configuration thus opening up the long range (falcon 2000EX/605 range) market to folks who could not afford Falcon/Bomardier aircraft. For that I say, bravo ... Any time we put more private individuals into aircraft it is good for all of us.

Anyhow, at the end of the day ... who cares? Just long as we are making living wages.

Latest resources

Back