• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

open time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long has he been in the post; just curious? I'm sure at some point dealing with these problems everyday would have to wear you down.

You are correct-but wear and tear on PD is only the tip of the iceburg. That guy is a complete mess! He has been head of the scheduling comm. for about 15 yrs-I think. All we need is to find someone-anyone to take his place!

People moan and complain about how much work these positions are (especially scheduling,) but the flipside is that PD has bunches of trips taken where he gets paid to not fly-that is OUR dues money, and we need a good representative in that position!

There is NO valid reason for PD being rude on the phone (which I have experienced personally,) not returning calls, and generally just not being on our side (the "red arrow day" situation is a perfect example.)

We need new blood in there, and PD needs his dump truck-Together we can make it happen! Just boot him out when elections roll around!!

-Booting that booger-eating menace out of that position would be "change I can believe in!"

(I'm not kidding about the boogers-seen it myself.)

People moan and complain about how much work these positions are (especially scheduling,) but the flipside is that PD has bunches of trips taken where he gets paid to not fly-that is OUR dues money, and we need a good representative in that position!

There is NO valid reason for PD being rude on the phone (which I have experienced personally,) not returning calls, and generally just not being on our side (the "red arrow day" situation is a perfect example.)

We need new blood in there, and PD needs his dump truck-Together we can make it happen! Just boot him out when elections roll around!!

Remember that when the time comes to vote.

But even if we vote in new people, he is not elected is he? I mean, we can't vote him out in that way, right?

You are correct-but wear and tear on PD is only the tip of the iceburg. That guy is a complete mess! He has been head of the scheduling comm. for about 15 yrs-I think. All we need is to find someone-anyone to take his place!

-Booting that booger-eating menace out of that position would be "change I can believe in!"

(I'm not kidding about the boogers-seen it myself.)

Are you ready to step up to the plate? Didn't think so!

First, by using his initials on this forum your are violating the rules. Second, if you have a problem with him, take it up with him and quit libeling him on FI. Third, take your issue up with a Rep or other member of the MEC. But, you need to have some better reasons than you don't like him.

Despite your claims, many pilots including myself, have given him high marks for resolving their scheduling issues. I don't need to like him or care about any of his idiosyncracies or how he parts his hair. All I care about is whether my issue can be resolved in a timely manner, or that I get a prompt and proper interpretation of a contractual issue. For me and other pilots, he has delivered. He has been available 24/7. He has returned all my calls. Now, somtimes he does not deliver the message I want to hear. But, sometimes the facts don't cut my way.

His job is a volunteer position. He is not elected. He has better contract knowledge, especially on scheduling issues than anyone I know. Apparently the MEC, feels he is doing a good job.

For the record, I have flown with him and we have had our differences. I have said things to him in the past that should have caused him to harbor bad views of me. However, everytime I have dealt with him on scheduling issues, he has delivered. I don't want him to be my best friend, I just need results.

Your posts sounds like you have some personal issues with him that are unresolved. Sorry, that you may have had a bad experience, but sometimes there are 2 sides to a story. I find it hard to believe that on numerous occasions he did not return your call.

I want defend him on any of the other charges or rumors that you mention. Personally, I don't care. However, I will defend him on my experience and the experience of other pilots I have talked to in dealing with him on scheduling issues. I doubt that his knowledge or experience could be replaced.

The people who serve in those positions give their time to help make this place a better place to work. Having done the work in the past at this airline and another, I may not like each one of them, but I respect the fact that they are willing to serve me and you. Maybe, you and others should walk in the man's shoes. It might enlighten you a bit.

If you want a change, go to your LEC meeting and make your proposal, where it may count. Or better yet, Volunteer and give your time, like the ones do that you criticize. Are you ready for that challenge?

Last edited:
Are you ready to step up to the plate? Didn't think so!

First, by using his initials on this forum your are violating the rules. Second, if you have a problem with him, take it up with him and quit libeling him on FI. Third, take your issue up with a Rep or other member of the MEC. But, you need to have some better reasons than you don't like him.

Despite your claims, many pilots including myself, have given him high marks for resolving their scheduling issues. I don't need to like him or care about any of his idiosyncracies or how he parts his hair. All I care about is whether my issue can be resolved in a timely manner, or that I get a prompt and proper interpretation of a contractual issue. For me and other pilots, he has delivered. He has been available 24/7. He has returned all my calls. Now, somtimes he does not deliver the message I want to hear. But, sometimes the facts don't cut my way.

His job is a volunteer position. He is not elected. He has better contract knowledge, especially on scheduling issues than anyone I know. Apparently the MEC, feels he is doing a good job.

For the record, I have flown with him and we have had our differences. I have said things to him in the past that should have caused him to harbor bad views of me. However, everytime I have dealt with him on scheduling issues, he has delivered. I don't want him to be my best friend, I just need results.

Your posts sounds like you have some personal issues with him that are unresolved. Sorry, that you may have had a bad experience, but sometimes there are 2 sides to a story. I find it hard to believe that on numerous occasions he did not return your call.

I want defend him on any of the other charges or rumors that you mention. Personally, I don't care. However, I will defend him on my experience and the experience of other pilots I have talked to in dealing with him on scheduling issues. I doubt that his knowledge or experience could be replaced.

The people who serve in those positions give their time to help make this place a better place to work. Having done the work in the past at this airline and another, I may not like each one of them, but I respect the fact that they are willing to serve me and you. Maybe, you and others should walk in the man's shoes. It might enlighten you a bit.

If you want a change, go to your LEC meeting and make your proposal, where it may count. Or better yet, Volunteer and give your time, like the ones do that you criticize. Are you ready for that challenge?

-A grown man-flying an airplane and snacking on boogers..... Some things you just wish you had never seen....

Speedtape-glad he resolved your issues and returned your calls, but as evidenced by myself and a few others here that isn't always the case. I'm not trying to drag the guy through the mud here because I've never even met him and I know it's a tough job. Perhaps he needs a "second in command".

If you want to call PD out, go do it on the ALPA Board. He has responded many times to people's complaints there.

Otherwise, you are being a little bitch by doing it here.

Latest resources

Back