• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Open Skies US/EU Approved

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No arguments there... except that a lot of NB flying now is done by guys already making, shall we say, less than optimum wages.

Agreed!

It is easier to get pay back when we, US Pilots, are curreently employed. It will be alot harder to raise our salaries when we are making zero dollars because Indians and Africans are flying our jets...

UK's BMI Seeks Closer Ties With UA

UK's bmi seeks closer ties with United Air: paper

LONDON (Reuters) - British airline bmi (BMID.UL) and United Airlines of the United States have applied to the U.S. government to form an alliance that would effectively merge their transatlantic operations, the Times reported on Wednesday.

Under the plan, passengers would only deal with one airline when they book a flight, the newspaper said. The companies would remain separate, however, it added.

"This paves the way to an alliance, it does not guarantee it," bmi Chief Executive Nigel Turner was quoted in the newspaper as saying. "We want to put in place all the steps now to fully take advantage of 'open skies'."

EU transport ministers unanimously backed the "open skies" proposal to open up aviation markets between the United States and the European Union last month.

Taking advantage of the pact, the two airlines sought permission to create an alliance from next March in a submission to the U.S. Department of Transportation on Monday, according to the Times.

Bmi and UAL Corp.'s (UAUA.O) United Airlines are already members of the Star Alliance but the new plan would forge an even closer relationship, it added.

A spokesman for bmi was not immediately available for comment.

04/03/07 18:58 ET

Under the plan, passengers would only deal with one airline when they book a flight, the newspaper said. The companies would remain separate, however, it added.

Let's hope BMI doesn't do all the transoceanic flying..leaving the domestic flying to us.....

Codeshare is short for outsourcing

Note: the Director of DOT was reported as saying "open skies will be good for the consumer". the US Gov thinks about the consumer, who votes. More consumers in this country then major airline pilots. Also, do you think anyone getting on a RJ or other jet walks past the cockpit and sais "oh poor sorry RJ pilots working for 24,000 a year", No they say great ticket price and if asked about the 24,000 salary, they would respond they knew how it paided when they started. If you don't like it, vote with your feet. this is just the watering down of the middle class. The smart guys will go to UPS and Fedex or start business on the side. Everyone elsa will enjoy their 14 days off and bitch and never try to improve themselves.

Note: the Director of DOT was reported as saying "open skies will be good for the consumer". the US Gov thinks about the consumer, who votes. More consumers in this country then major airline pilots. Also, do you think anyone getting on a RJ or other jet walks past the cockpit and sais "oh poor sorry RJ pilots working for 24,000 a year", No they say great ticket price and if asked about the 24,000 salary, they would respond they knew how it paided when they started. If you don't like it, vote with your feet. this is just the watering down of the middle class. The smart guys will go to UPS and Fedex or start business on the side. Everyone elsa will enjoy their 14 days off and bitch and never try to improve themselves.

bump. No once cares about Air Line Pilots... NO ONE!

We had better start caring for ourselves or no one else will...

You are correct the majority of people do not care but it is not just pilots it is the common Joe making a BBQ grill that once was made in USA. I went to Lowe's the other day to look at grills. You can get a huge one for $199 but it is made in China. I didn't buy one and will do some research to see if they're any still made in USA. "Fortunately" I am in a position to pay more if I can find a USA one.
So just don't vote with your feet vote with your wallet if possible. I confess though it may be too late.

You are correct the majority of people do not care but it is not just pilots it is the common Joe making a BBQ grill that once was made in USA. I went to Lowe's the other day to look at grills. You can get a huge one for $199 but it is made in China. I didn't buy one and will do some research to see if they're any still made in USA. "Fortunately" I am in a position to pay more if I can find a USA one.
So just don't vote with your feet vote with your wallet if possible. I confess though it may be too late.

Amen!

Wife and I had to buy a refrigerator a few years back, ended up with a Frigidaire built in Michigan by union labor. Only cost about $50 more.

Peace.

Rekks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back