Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Maglev

enigma said:
Actually, I believe that Maglev is the technical name of an antigravity substance invented by a Medfield College, professor in 1961. He used it to power a unique 1917 Ford T touring car.

Only one operator per car is needed, so no featherbedding will be necessary because the car only carries the operator plus three pax.

The car did posses "flying" qualities, but did not require runways, so no airport managers are necessary. (I'm beginning to wish that this wasn't mostly a figment of my imagination )

regards,
enigma

Heh, heh, that dredged things up from the recesses of childhood memory. Noise abatement would be a snap, as I recall it just emitted a soft warbling sound as it took off.

Re: Re: Re: Maglev

A Squared said:
Heh, heh, that dredged things up from the recesses of childhood memory. Noise abatement would be a snap, as I recall it just emitted a soft warbling sound as it took off.

My memory isn't that long, one of the classic channels ran it a couple of days ago. Timing is everything!!!!!!!

regards,
enigma

KickSave said:
*running out the door like Bluto in Animal House*
:D LMAO!

Hey, you know, they're not going to be able to build Maglev tracks everywhere. Maybe we can play this to our advantage. We can all sign up to fly "The Maglev Connection," regional jets that'll carry people to and from the big train.

Latest resources

Back